Which yeast to pick?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm exploring the MJ range of dried yeasts after being a liquid yeast only brewer for many years. Mainly to see which I could use commercially in a 1000 litre system.

Currently making a pseudo lager with their Californian lager yeast (which I hydrated) and its bubbling away nicely at 16oC.

Can't wait to see the results and I'm fascinated to see everyone else's feedback on the MJ yeast range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My GEB order arrived with the yeasts, they packed the wrong English ale. Instead of M07, a standard English ale, they've given me M42 New World Strong Ale. I can't really be arsed to send back a pack of yeast for one which is probably quite similar anyway. And it says it's suitable for IPAs which is what this yeast was gonna be pitched into. If anything I've saved about 60 cent!

You may or may not be aware but MJ have repackaged and renamed most of their yeasts M07 is now M42 so you've been sent the correct yeast as M07 and M42 are the same

You may or may not be aware but MJ have repackaged and renamed most of their yeasts M07 is now M42 so you've been sent the correct yeast as M07 and M42 are the same

lol fair enough! They should probably update their website.

Latest posts

Back