White grape, pear and apple wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonnyD

Regular.
Reaction score
Was walking though tesco and found welch's White grape, pear and apple juice. With a spare DJ it would be rude not to. Recipe goes as follows:

4 litres welch's White grape, pear and apple juice
0.5 litres water
400g sugar
1tsp pectulose
1tsp yeast nutrient
1tsp youngs super wine yeast

I wanted about 12% but my sugar calculations must have been a bit off so ended up with an SG of 1.073 which will be around 11% mark if I leave it. I am going to top-up so will add more sugar in a couple of weeks (as I am going on holiday)

image.jpg

Will keep you posted

JonnyD said:
Was walking though tesco and found welch's White grape, pear and apple juice. With a spare DJ it would be rude not to. Recipe goes as follows:

0.5 litres water
400g sugar
1tsp pectulose
1tsp yeast nutrient
1tsp youngs super wine yeast

I wanted about 12% but my sugar calculations must have been a bit off so ended up with an SG of 1.073 which will be around 11% mark if I leave it. I am going to top-up so will add more sugar in a couple of weeks (as I am going on holiday)

image.jpg

Same juice in Aldi Grape pear/apple or grape peach 59p a Ltr. I use all juice and add 1 Kg of sugar per 5 Ltrs Start av 1108 aiming for 14%

Will keep you posted

JonnyD said:

I have just looked at the ingredients and think it might turn out a bit weak as there is only 20% juice in the cartons, i usually use juices that are above 40% and some much higher and always use 1 litre of white or red grape juice, i guess time will tell.

Water,Grape Juice from Concentrate (12%) ,Sugar ,Pear Juice from Concentrate (5%) ,Apple Juice from Concentrate (3%) ,Malic Acid ,Vitamin C ,Flavouring

Chippy_Tea said:
JonnyD said:

I have just looked at the ingredients and think it might turn out a bit weak as there is only 20% juice in the cartons, i usually use juices that are above 40% and some much higher and always use 1 litre of white or red grape juice, i guess time will tell.

Water,Grape Juice from Concentrate (12%) ,Sugar ,Pear Juice from Concentrate (5%) ,Apple Juice from Concentrate (3%) ,Malic Acid ,Vitamin C ,Flavouring

I thought about this but it's the only 'grape juice' I can find in all the supermarket. Unless you know of somewhere?

Anyway I'm rolling with it now see if it is **** poor and ill know not to do it again :)

There seems to be a RGJ shortage in our town at the moment. I went round every supermarket in town this morning and there was not a single carton to be found. :(

A couple of weeks ago our local Tesco was out of white grape juice but now has plenty of white and red, might just be a temporary blip

I read that it has been a bad season for grape growers and that is why there is a shortage.

Ok this has been brewing for 2 weeks now. It's nearly there. I'm going to rack it Saturday if everything is ok. How long should I leave it to mature?

If it tastes good when you rack it drink it, if it doesn't i would rack into 75ml bottles leave it a couple of weeks and try again.
The reason i suggest 75's is you don't want to be pouring out of a larger bottle then putting the top back on waiting another week then repeating, if its only a 75 you can drink it even if its not the best wine you have ever tasted.

Latest posts

Back