Wilkos newkie brown

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AircooledAdam

Reaction score
So, I brewed this in the bucket for 6 days, then siphoned it into PET bottles. It said to add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, but for some unknown reason I used sweetener instead. It's just occurred to me that maybe it won't become fizzy. Am I correct? Have I messed it up?

hey sadly sweetner isn't fermentable and so yeah this time you have messed it up. It will still be drinkable but like you said not fizzy you could always open them and add some but then it would mean putting more lids on at extra cost

After only 6 days, it'll probably have a small bit of unfermented sugar left & you may well get some fizz (that's assuming the sweetener doesn't kill off the yeast)

So, I brewed this in the bucket for 6 days, then siphoned it into PET bottles. It said to add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, but for some unknown reason I used sweetener instead. It's just occurred to me that maybe it won't become fizzy. Am I correct? Have I messed it up?

I assume your PET bottles have screw tops, so just reprime with sugar. That will sort the carbonation. No way to get the sweetner out now, though.

Cheers for the replies, they are crown caps so I'm just going to leave them. They're not being drunk until the end of August, and I am sure they won't taste too bad without bubbles!
I just won't make the mistake again!

Latest posts

Back