Wine bottle labels?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CabSav

Wine Brewer
Reaction score
I am thinking ahead slightly but when I bottle my first brews nearer Christmas I am planning on going all out and getting the shrink wrap foil tops and decent labels to make them look presentable.

Does anyone know of any on-line wine label printers that will produce labels on a small scale? Or would I be best to design my own? I have photoshop and I am pretty good at graphic design but can you buy blank labels to print on or would normal paper and prit-stick / PVA be any good.

As I said I want them looking presentable and not like they have been produced at my sons play school. :grin:

I buy A4 White Gloss Self Adhesive Sticker Paper sheets and get 4 labels per sheet (they are a doddle to cut out using a cheap guillotine or craft knife and a ruler or you can simply use scissors of course). I get them from ebay. I use the gloss labels (the colours really pop on gloss paper) but a matt version is also available from the same supplier if you wish.

LINK: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201007245058?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I create my own labels in Photoshop (8.5cm x 12cm approx at 300 pixels per inch) then use MS word and put four labels per sheet onto the paper when I print. I use a laser printer although the paper may be used by inkjet too.

They stick nicely and are secure but will simply fall off themselves after a few minutes when put into a sink of warm water without leaving any gum behind and require zero scrubbing. I haven't bottled any wines yet (but may be able to soon) but have already tested the paper on glass bottles.

Design note: I always put a blank panel at the bottom of all my labels so I can write on the bottling date and alcohol percentage.

I also have shrink wrap tops so even if what's inside tastes rank it will at least look ok on the shelf.

Hope this helps.

Examples of labels I have produced (hope these give you some ideas):

winelabel_lemon-copy-366.jpg

winelabel_tea-raisin-copy-365.jpg

winelabel_beetroot-copy-170.jpg

winelabel_ginger-copy-367.jpg

If you do a search online there are websites that let you design your own labels using there templates and then print them and post them on to you

Thanks for the info. I have searched online but struggled to find anything I liked. I think doing it myself is the way to go.

Latest posts

Back