Wine newbie!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benH24

Reaction score
Hi all and thanks for allowing me to join. Apologies if this has been asked before!!

I've made wine from a few kits before so I understand the process from that point of view, and make cider from my own allotment apples last year.

I have a phoenix grape vine on the allotment and decided that this was the year to try and produce my own wine. Now the juice I got was far less than I was expecting, yielding only 3 litres approx. So my question is if I top up to 4.5 litres (i only want to do a small batch this run) with water and add the appropriate amount of grape concentrate (youngs) will i still get a decent wine?

Give it a try is my answer. Generally the style of grapes determine type of wine and quality but please go for it I am sure it will be drinkable after the effort athumb..

Give it a try is my answer. Generally the style of grapes determine type of wine and quality but please go for it I am sure it will be drinkable after the effort athumb..
I'll force myself to drink it whether or not (within reason) :laugh8:

Latest posts

Back