Woodfordes Wherry Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get yourself down to wilkos bought a box of wherry today for 15 quid as they are in the sale with 25% off

I too picked up my first wherry in wilko's today.bargain. Also went in boyes and got milestone crusader for

Why am I so childish that I think it's funny that in the internet age a

Or is it everything - like one word?

Too bad the edit facility went.
Very handy for us elderly.

Yeah i spent ages looking for the edit button, cos i knew there was one one the old format. Was trying to say that as well as a wherry for

barrelled it up a week ago and its now got a bit of fizz to it and is definitely getting there. so looks like i didnt kill my beer. gonna give it another month, minimum (possibly two after seeing the reviews on here - try to make it a bit more of a mellow taste).

i got my wherry kit from Wilko in a 50% off sale last easter. paid

You wont be disappointing Ben, mine is bang on after a month, really is a lovely pint.

There are lots of comments on this, but just one more from me. This beer just seems to go on getting better the longer I leave it. Mine has been in the barrel for 5 months now (okay, I'm a slow drinker) and it hasn't begun to taste stale. In fact, it seems to be gaining a spicyness that is stronger than when it was one month old. Really yummy, and I will definitely be brewing this again when I do finish this lot.

5 months! That's some going!
I'm hoping to keep my Nog (getting barrelled next week) untill Xmas! I know, I know, not a chance.
But got Got a golden stag on and picked up a wherry in wilkos sale recently.
Missus wants a few ciders doing for summer as well as wine so hopefully will keep me busy and I'll be able to chuck the barrel of nog in the outhouse and forget about it.....well a taster here and there won't do any harm eh.

Can't help suggesting the obvious... Give it a taste! If it's gone sour / you'll soon know. It'll be flat and prob not quite as bitter as it'll taste with a bit of carbonation but you'll know whether you have a winner it not. Mine tasted great after fermentation had finished.

Ahh. I appear to have thought a post ages ago was the most recent (using tap talk on mobile). Sorry - scrub that last comment...

After seeing the good reviews on here I've bough a WW kit. £15 from Wilkos in the sale! What's that, about 40p per pint? Bargain!

Latest posts

Back