Word500

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alastair70

In need of constant supervision
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has become my favourite Wordle variant. It’s definitely one for power players.
You are told how many green and yellow letters you’ve guessed, but not which letters they are. Getting to the solution requires an intriguing mix of logic and word guessing.

Last edited:
Word500, Advanced, 12-NOV-2023
No hints used, score = 6/8
1️⃣0️⃣4️⃣
0️⃣1️⃣4️⃣
2️⃣1️⃣2️⃣
2️⃣0️⃣3️⃣
1️⃣1️⃣3️⃣
5️⃣0️⃣0️⃣

https://www.word500.com#word500

And here’s the puzzle, the final colours are added in once it’s solved.

IMG_2523.png

Last edited:
My sons top tip. Words that contain a mix of common and uncommon letters help push you towards the likely greens and yellows.

Sounds like a good tip.

I'm adopting my wordle consonant-eliminating strategy next, which is three words of all different letters with one vowel in each word. (4 words in this example)

A bit like this - Now I have all the letters just have to figure out which ones 🤣

I think re-using letters on this and wordle makes it harder. Just my opinny onion.

word501.png

Last edited:
The daily didn’t refresh for me so here’s a practice one with my colours first.
IMG_2534.png

I went prion on guess two as I knew the R was red and it left 4 letters in play. I banked on the O as being yellow first off, and chose three words without common letters and each had 1 yellow letter. It’s unlikely that the answer starts or ends in O so I made it red. Modem was chosen to keep the number of letters in play down also. Looking at the remaining letters I to choose from and working on the assumption that the answer had 1 letter each from guess 2,3 and 4. P, E and L seemed most likely yellows. Spiel was a bad guess as I couldn’t have a P and an I but it did make the answer obvious.

Here’s the actual colours after solving.

IMG_2535.png

Hope that logic makes sense.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back