Diane Abbott

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you honestly believe she sent the wrong version (her words not mine)

If yes why was it the wrong version?

The bottom line is she ****** up and she knew it as soon as the story broke, why else would she say it was the wrong version?
I have no reason to doubt it. It would be easily done when you're making revisions to a piece especially if you store your thoughts and assemble them at a later stage. Have you never posted something that you've later edited because it didn't say what you wanted? I do it all the time.

...and here's a case in point. I'm adding this bit in an edit. Yes she ****** up, her piece didn't say what she wanted, and she held her hands up and apologised because she is neither antisemitic nor racist.

...ooh another edit.... She isn't antisemitic or racist.... but the Board of Deputies, rather than accepting her apology with good grace, called it 'mealy mouthed'.... the Board of Deputies who generally support an apartheid regime that is slowly ethnicly cleansing Palestine.

Last edited:
But that's not what Abbot said and the last thing we need is competition to decide who is treated the worst. The way forward is to unite against all forms of racism and avoid any divisive rhetoric. Diane Abbot really should know better. In my opinion. She even appeared to equate the treatment of jews with the treatment of people with red hair.
Oh Abbott isn't trying to create any such competition. She's pointing out that society is only pretending to tackle racism, choosing its preferred groups to defend while ignoring the racism against others. What she wants isn't a competition, it's equality. Read what Jaqueline Walker wrote again.

I have no reason to doubt it. It would be easily done when you're making revisions to a piece especially if you store your thoughts and assemble them at a later stage. Have you never posted something that you've later edited because it didn't say what you wanted? I do it all the time.

I dont believe for a second she sent the wrong version, this wrong version only came about because she realise the **** was about to hit the fan when people read what she had said in it.

Oh Abbott isn't trying to create any such competition. She's pointing out that society is only pretending to tackle racism, choosing its preferred groups to defend while ignoring the racism against others. What she wants isn't a competition, it's equality. Read what Jaqueline Walker wrote again.
She's not that clever!!!

That's nonsense I'm sorry.

I can see consistency in that the upper echelons of society seem to be able to say or do what they like,rightly,wrongly or mistakenly and apologise/backtrack.
Regardless of what's been said implied or not the rest of us would get banged up.

But that's not what Abbot said and the last thing we need is competition to decide who is treated the worst. The way forward is to unite against all forms of racism and avoid any divisive rhetoric. Diane Abbot really should know better. In my opinion. She even appeared to equate the treatment of jews with the treatment of people with red hair.
It's absolutely risible to suggest she equates or appears to equate the treatment of Jews with that of people with red hair when she adds that white people with points of difference can also experience this prejudice. So do kids with funny accents as I discovered when I moved. What kind of treatment of Jews are you trying to make reference to? Treatment in the UK today or the historical treatment of the Jews? Why can't Abbott be compared with Boris? Why can't the behaviour of a recent PM be taken as a benchmark for comparison? Who says so? Why not?
Unite against all forms of racism? Do give me a break. When do we "remember" the 12 million African people taken as slaves, over a million of whom died in transit? When do we ask forgiveness of the Irish for the atrocities committed against them and their country? When do we stop rejecting asylum seekers and pretending they're not asylum seekers? Yes we did the same last century when the Jews were fleeing persecution. Do you read that in the history books? Try reading the Daily Mail of that era. So here's a woman who was asked to write about her experience and who dares to suggest that those historic victims of racism are not experiencing the same degree of persecution today as Black people are experiencing today. Yet she does maintain they are being persecuted.
So when you suggest that we must unite against all forms of racism, you really are having a laugh.
I don't think it's funny. I also think you're sincere. Time for reflection, perhaps.

My experience is that the British are among the most racist and xenophobic people I have encountered. Not all. Just those perhaps, who haven't travelled further than a dodgy nighclub in Ibiza.

Last edited:
biased media,

How are they biased they are there to ask questions its her job to know the answer, instead of admitting she didn't know she tried to bluff her way out and ended up looking clueless yet again
(from first video)

Abbot - At the time of doing this interview the net losses are about 50

Interviewer - They are actually 125.

Abbot - Well the last time i looked we had net losses of 100.

How are they biased they are there to ask questions its her job to know the answer, instead of admitting she didn't know she tried to bluff her way out and ended up looking clueless yet again
(from first video)

Abbot - At the time of doing this interview the net losses are about 50

Interviewer - They are actually 125.

Abbot - Well the last time i looked we had net losses of 100.

Just like many politicians.... yet she is singled out as 'clueless' by you.

For example:

Stephen Byers, At the time fhe minister responsible for standards in British schools, interviewed on BBC Radio Five about government plans to improve numeracy in schools, was asked to multiply eight by seven. "Fifty-four," he said.

or

In a group chat with key officials in August 2020, the Daily Telegraph reported that Boris Johnson saying he “just read somewhere” that fewer people who got Covid were dying, and asked how they could “justify the continuing paralysis” of the economy.
But it was based on a misreading of a Financial Times article.
It took Sir Patrick Vallance, the chief scientific adviser, Dominic Cummings, Johnson’s chief adviser, and several messages to gently explain to the prime minister that he’d failed to grasp the numbers correctly.

or this article

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/michael-gove-numbers-hopelessly-wrong/
Now of course I realise that you might refer to each of these politicians as 'clueless' too... but it is Dianne Abbott's gaffe that you have remembered and regurgitated as if it is something unusual. Ask yourself whether it just might be a weeny bit unfair to keep attacking a woman who clearly was not perfoming optimally at the time, purportedly because she was suffering from Type II diabetes. Do you really think that the media treats her fairly?

It's absolutely risible to suggest she equates or appears to equate the treatment of Jews with that of people with red hair when she adds that white people with points of difference can also experience this prejudice. So do kids with funny accents as I discovered when I moved. What kind of treatment of Jews are you trying to make reference to? Treatment in the UK today or the historical treatment of the Jews? Why can't Abbott be compared with Boris? Why can't the behaviour of a recent PM be taken as a benchmark for comparison? Who says so? Why not?
Unite against all forms of racism? Do give me a break. When do we "remember" the 12 million African people taken as slaves, over a million of whom died in transit? When do we ask forgiveness of the Irish for the atrocities committed against them and their country? When do we stop rejecting asylum seekers and pretending they're not asylum seekers? Yes we did the same last century when the Jews were fleeing persecution. Do you read that in the history books? Try reading the Daily Mail of that era. So here's a woman who was asked to write about her experience and who dares to suggest that those historic victims of racism are not experiencing the same degree of persecution today as Black people are experiencing today. Yet she does maintain they are being persecuted.
So when you suggest that we must unite against all forms of racism, you really are having a laugh.
I don't think it's funny. I also think you're sincere. Time for reflection, perhaps.

My experience is that the British are among the most racist and xenophobic people I have encountered. Not all. Just those perhaps, who haven't travelled further than a dodgy nighclub in Ibiza.
You're getting a bit insulting, AA, so I'll dip out here. It's not a good place to debate this stuff, nothing gained. I think you are not seeing the bigger picture. Or understanding the way politics works here, and what is like trying to lead the Labour party and to get elected. And you are not living under the conditions created by 13 years of Tory government. Starmer will be bloody angry, and has no option tbh.

Have we slipped into siding for or against DA here, rather rather the principles at stake? I've seen lots of comments here and elsewhere about whether she's "clumsy" or otherwise, but I've not seen anyone suggest she's racist or conscientiously antisemitic even if her comments could be deemed by some to be offensive. The principles at stake are important: do we value democracy? Are narrow interest groups angling to gain an advantage? Are we genuinely antiracist or do we just pay lip service? Hasn't this lady suffered enough without having to endure all this opprobrium for her "clumsy" or otherwise views on racism, having been the butt of continual racism all her life?
Where's our humanity?

Just like many politicians.... yet she is singled out as 'clueless' by you

The thread is about Abbot that is why we are discussing Abbot and in my view as i said early on in the thread she should have retired years ago, dont bother trying to persuade me i am wrong you will be wasting your time and effort.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back