Diane Abbott

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which bit of the thread title did you not get? aheadbutt
I read the OP, and it isn't referring to Diane Abbot's mathematical abilities.... yet you have sought to dredge it up. It's clear as glass that the current Labour leadership is engaged in a witchhunt against left wing members and MPs and that they are assisted in this objective by an Israel lobby intent on destroying any group, even Jewish groups, who are opposed to Zionist objectives, and assisted by nearly all the media.

You're getting a bit insulting, AA, so I'll dip out here. It's not a good place to debate this stuff, nothing gained. I think you are not seeing the bigger picture. Or understanding the way politics works here, and what is like trying to lead the Labour party and to get elected. And you are not living under the conditions created by 13 years of Tory government. Starmer will be bloody angry, and has no option tbh.
Apologies @clib.
I quoted your post and, indeed, thought the red headed thing and the Boris comments needed addressing. I should have ended there and started a new post about general racism in the UK without associating you with it.
I too shall dip out as I'm repeating myself and our positions seem to be entrenched.
For what it's worth I've only been away 7 years, I keep a very keen eye on what's going on and my kids and grandkids are very much living under those conditions.
Let's shake hands and walk away from it.

I read the OP, and it isn't referring to Diane Abbot's mathematical abilities.... yet you have sought to dredge it up. It's clear as glass that the current Labour leadership is engaged in a witchhunt against left wing members and MPs and that they are assisted in this objective by an Israel lobby intent on destroying any group, even Jewish groups, who are opposed to Zionist objectives, and assisted by nearly all the media.

I Abboted my post unfortunately you quoted the original as i changed it it it now says -

The thread is about Abbot that is why we are discussing Abbot and in my view as i said early on in the thread she should have retired years ago, dont bother trying to persuade me i am wrong you will be wasting your time and effort.

Ah yes, the closed mind that still likes to join in debate, but refuses to learn anything from it.

I have learned plenty from it you are obviously a Diane Abbot fanboy keep up the good work you may eventually persuade one of the many here who dont rate her that she is good at her job, good luck with that.

There is one Abbot i do like ;)

1682361172035.png

Last edited:
I have learned plenty from it you are obviously a Diane Abbot fanboy keep up the good work you may eventually persuade one of the many here who dont rate her that she is good at her job, good luck with that.
You betray your own prejudices, not mine. I am just someone who is prepared to speak the truth about the purge in the Labour party and the motivations of those who are delighted to accuse.

Apologies @clib.
I quoted your post and, indeed, thought the red headed thing and the Boris comments needed addressing. I should have ended there and started a new post about general racism in the UK without associating you with it.
I too shall dip out as I'm repeating myself and our positions seem to be entrenched.
For what it's worth I've only been away 7 years, I keep a very keen eye on what's going on and my kids and grandkids are very much living under those conditions.
Let's shake hands and walk away from it.
No worries. Apologies from me too. There's far more that conjoins us. Or something! ;)

I'm against stupidity wherever it exists regards of the race colour or creed of the stupid one.

UPS: we tried to deliver to you. use the app to reschedule missed delivery
DOJ - In left handed giant in bristol at the time :laugh8: - downloads app.
clicks on reschedule delivery.....
UPS: please enter the number printed on the card that was put through your door :rolleyes:.
DOJ - bit difficult that considering I'm in Bristol and my house is in Swansea.
now by phoning the depot directly and just quoting the tracking number I was able to re-arrange re-delivery. rather than type in a missed delivery number I couldn't get hold of...

stupidity: have they not heard of people being away from home for a few days? I was quoted 40-60 days to deliver my ppackage and it came in around 20 days. so 2-3 hours notice just wasn't going to work. Clearly the guy at the depot had come across this issue with the app a few times already.

you get sensible people , you get stupid people. If a politician is dumb and appears not to weigh up the consequences of what they utter first that's really dangerous.

Now edwina curry mentioned salmonella in eggs. There were consequences following on from that. Yet I thought she did a positive thing. I viewed DA's comments as divisive and not in the interest of the public in general.

Last edited:
See how easy it is to write something you didn't mean?

I should have added the second part for clarity she should have been clearer about what she was actually trying to say, draught version my ****.
I am only part of a team that run a forum not potentially the country I doubt I will be all over the news channels today's for my faux pas.

Last edited:

There is one Abbot i do like ;)

View attachment 84795
And Russ of course..claim to fame..I was in school with his lads!

interestingly I was pondering on how one decides what is true news. Which newspaper do you advise?
To be honest they all seem to rubbish nowadays that present opinion as fact and in the pockets of whoever will fund them (just look to the zero VAT for newspapers in Ireland and the lack of government criticism). I take almost all newspaper articles with a pinch of salt and if something piques my interest then I'll look a bit more into it.
And no... I don't go to Alex Jones for information 😂

To be honest they all seem to rubbish nowadays that present opinion as fact and in the pockets of whoever will fund them (just look to the zero VAT for newspapers in Ireland and the lack of government criticism). I take almost all newspaper articles with a pinch of salt and if something piques my interest then I'll look a bit more into it.
And no... I don't go to Alex Jones for information 😂
I didn't know who Edwina Curry was, she certainly put the cat among the chickens. What people believe, it was on the news, it was in the papers, must be true! No wonder Murdoch is one of the most powerful men on the planet.
People are gullible, religion, surpassed its expectations. Seems ridiculous now people believing that women were made from a rib of a man. But the gullibility still continues, market something enough and people will buy it. bottled water. Why people buy that I will never know, unless they are in some Asian country where the water is undrinkable to westerners.

Latest posts

Back