Youngs American IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myself and two mates tried this and the apa, all went chlorophenol on us. Contacted youngs, they said it was our water supply, although we have different supplies and never had this with any other kits. It took nearly 3 weeks to ferment and seemed fine then, after the hop addition it took on the off taste. Even after 4 months in the bottle it was undrinkable. The good reviews make me want to try it again, but really don't want to throw 40 pints down the sink again. Just brewed a hbc american pale ale all grain kit, so hopefully that gives me what I'm looking for.

Just bottled after 5 days dry hopping....... smells amazing and tasted great :drink:

cant wait to try it once it has conditioned :party:

just had to have a sneaky preview...... there was this 330ml bottle just staring at me and begging for it, honest..:roll:

7 days bottled and crystal clear.... shop bought beer clear.... good head, smells amazing.... which leaves me lost for words to describe the taste..... :drink::drink::drink:

what a really fantastic brew, just loving this one.... i will be doing this again despite playing with AG... unless the Dark Lord ambushes me with a recipe i cant refuse :razz:

Dry hopped my AIPA with the full 100g of hops last night, SG sitting at 1.010 which I believe is bang on the money. Will bottle on Saturday meaning 4 days of dry hopping. Absolutely loved the first batch of this I made and I (and a few of my mates!) can't wait for this batch. I'm thinking that I might even start another of these on Saturday straight after bottling this one!

Latest posts

Back