Youngs Capper - 29mm Caps?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LavaChild

Reaction score
Hello!

Does anybody know if the Youngs Capper (well, actually the Wilko capper, but I think that's just a Youngs one rebranded) can fit a 29mm bell to for 29mm caps? I've bought a 29mm bell listed for the 'Emily' capper. I looked at 'Emily' on the web and it looked close enough to the Youngs Capper I assumed it'd work on both but now I've ordered (a little late I know!) I'm worried it won't fit the Youngs... Anybody tried?

If not, I'll just have to keep it to one side until I need a new capper at which stage I'll get one that supports the 29mm bell.

Thanks.

Not sure if this will help but,
I've just been given some old capper and it says "Emily" on the box.It also says "Ferrari" on it.(i pretty much doubt it's related to the famous car firm)
Anyhow,it has a 29mm bell cap and a 26mm one but when i looked at the bottle keep plates they are reversable.One side is 26mm and the other is 29mm.
You have to pull them out with some pliers to do this .
Not sure if this helps you but i guess my point is i dont think the capper will seal 29mm caps without the 29mm plates.I'm sure someone on here will have a definitive answer for you.

Not sure if this will help but,
I've just been given some old capper and it says "Emily" on the box.It also says "Ferrari" on it.(i pretty much doubt it's related to the famous car firm)
Anyhow,it has a 29mm bell cap and a 26mm one but when i looked at the bottle keep plates they are reversable.One side is 26mm and the other is 29mm.
You have to pull them out with some pliers to do this .
Not sure if this helps you but i guess my point is i dont think the capper will seal 29mm caps without the 29mm plates.I'm sure someone on here will have a definitive answer for you.

I'm not sure hat the 'bottle keep plate' is? I understand the need to have different bell sizes though. I've bought the 29mm bell but I don't think it's compatible with my capper. In fact, I think it's the 'Emily' that it's designed for (maybe a spare?)... Doh! :( Looks like I need to find myself an Emily...

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=87&stc=1&d=1397325136

m7uxDHskNZLlYURkwF_uNKg.jpg

Are you sure the Emily capper requires the 'half moon shapes' to be changed for 29mm caps? I don't mind buying a 26mm Emily capper but I only have the replacement bell and nothing else. I would not want to spend even more and find I'm *still*missing something.

Wondering if I'm best to cut my losses, bin the adapter I (mistakenly) purchased and then purchase something that comes with everything to do 26 and 29mm caps.

Thanks.

The Emily capper can do both. Most retailers only supply the 26cm bell. The only other bit you need to have is the 29cm bell and everything else is adjustable.

Latest posts

Back