youngs difinitive white wine enhancer ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dempoe

Reaction score
Is this stuff just concentrated white grape juice ? I plan on making WOW with it as there seems to be a scarcity of white grape juice in the supermarkets, now i know Wilko did a bottle of white grape concentrate and you just made a litre of white grape juice with that, so it this stuff the same thing and if so how much water to add per liter

Yes just grape juice concentrate. A litre is around £10, Beaverdale 6 bottle kits are around £12. You get named wine type and yeast so cheaper than using the wine enhancer. That said if you're doing a wow with 4 litres supermarket juice, adding a little 250ml bottle to it will beef the body up a little.

If you have a litre of enhancer, then add 3 litres of water to start with, make up to 4.5 l once vigour has died down. It will lack something because of a lack of tannins and acid. Check starting gravity, May need some sugar to boost it.

Thanks for that found it in Baileys DIY in ross on wye think it was 9.99 for a litre making that cheaper than wilko lol
May have to pop back and get a red one for my blackberry wine when i get around to it :)
Once again Thanks :)

Lidl have 1litre "not from concentrate" grape juice for 99p at the minute. The picture on the carton showed white and red grapes, so not much to go on.

Lidl have 1litre "not from concentrate" grape juice for 99p at the minute. The picture on the carton showed white and red grapes, so not much to go on.

Is it this one? My wife was in there yesterday and sent me a photo. They looked red to me.

492DBDA3-19DF-45E8-8E75-4F9DFE5D4A2C.jpeg

There's green grapes at the bottom by the "1l" writing and right at the back under "not from concentrate"

Back