Graham Wheeler TT Landord

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426784269.642677.jpg

After the lid popping craziness of my last brew ive set this up with a blow off pipe. Hopefully this should sort out the initial first days of fermenting. Awaiting to see some movement now. Tense times. Will relax once it starts doing something. Loved the smell of the styrian hops though. So all being well this will turn out alright. Might lob some in to dry hop with in a bit.

I didn't do AG I did extract not progressed fully to the dark side yet. I used wyeast 1469 which I'm told is a similar strain to that used to make landlord.

I did the Sarah Hughes Ruby mild last time from same book. Again extract. And that has turned out really good. Would recommend giving that a try.

Just checked the FV having been working nights and lids popped off. Blow off tube blocked with gunk. Fortunately out towel on top to avoid it going all over the wall. Genius!! Got to say though the gunk on the towel is like putty. Weather that's just this yeast I'm using no idea. All heading in right direction and down to 1020 from 1044, 2 days ago. View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426945265.308604.jpg

Was thinking of dry hopping this brew with some styrian maybe 30g? Not to sure it's on day 6 in FV would now be a good time? Or just not bother?

Maybe have a taste. Take a hydro sample to get the gravity, and have a slurp!

I'm liking that post a lot!

Get that FV filled! Simcoe pale ale next innit?

Just had a cheeky little taste of this after 2 days of carbing it up. Tasting very nice already with carb in there a little too. Nice light ale texture to this one. Could be a nice summer drink I reckon.

Annoying!! My leg that currently housing my brew seems to have a leak and the beer is not as gassy as expected. Seems to be a bit flat!! Can I do anything to sort this? I assume it's something up with the screw cap/valve parts. Tastes ok but a bit too flat.

If I understand the dates etc its only had a week of warm conditioning since kegging, right ? May be a bit soon to say but if it is truly flat then you may have a leaky seal around the lid - kegs can be a bit temperamental. I have a couple of King Kegs but from what I have read, the budget kegs are especially prone to leaky lids due to the seal design.

Has it been stored at 18-20°C so secondary ferment can get going ?

Yeah it has. And I know that from having kegged last 2 brews usually seems bit more gassy than this one albeit only over a week just. Will see how it goes I guess then and hope it's not wasted.

Latest posts

Back