Shiny new things!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHW

Landlord.
Reaction score
Built a new 10*7 shed on the weekend. Why do I tell you this? Cos it's my new brew house (among other more regular shed uses)!

To celebrate and kit it out, I've just ordered a 33L pot with tap and hop filter built in already, plus 33L mash bag, and a gas burner big enough to float a goddam hot air balloon. Hardly impressive I know, but I'm pleased. All from malt miller (other online home brew stores are available, though hats off to rob Neale there, he was mega helpful).

Need to get a gas canister now, then Im going to do an Bavarian weissbier extract.

Haven't renounced AG by any means, just wanted a quick and fuss free brew day as it'll be my last before I run out of storage space and goodwill with the wife.

All hail to the ale!

Nice one!! I've just got two large (around 13kg) gas cylinders off freecycle - one butane, one propane. The butane is between 1/2 and 2/3 full! Have a go mate, save you the cost of a cylinder! Which burner have you got?

7.5k. Probably not as impressive as I made out! Hadn't thought of freecycle. I'm a member but generally ignore the emails. Will keep an eye out though can't really wait for one to turn up!

I already had a small(ish) cylinder - 4.5kg. It's doing fine but I wanted a backup in case it ran out halfway through a brew, so even though the freecycle only took a week to come up trumps, I haven't had to buy another one.

Yay! Only just saw the shed request sorry, bungle, too dark now. It's not that impressive, but obviously seeing as I put it up I think it's amazing.

Nuts photo is upside down again. Really should have got the hang of it by now. Perhaps a nice mod could fix?

image.jpg

Yay! Only just saw the shed request sorry, bungle, too dark now. It's not that impressive, but obviously seeing as I put it up I think it's amazing.

Nuts photo is upside down again. Really should have got the hang of it by now. Perhaps a nice mod could fix?

I would if I could but have tried and no joy. Either way, beast of a burner - about time you made it less shiny!!

I have that burner. It's rather special!! Just want to see the shed. As I'm told I need one. Which is music to my ears. So just interested in the size of yours and how it looks as I'm scouring numerous sites looking.

Same here. Hence id like a bigger one to brew In and store in. Plus more room to get more things without the Mrs A) knowing of purchases B) ' declutter ' the house. Everyone's a winner!!

Cheers smiley. Shed pic below, probably also upside down.

Here's the vitals: it's a 10*7ft BillyOh 4000 with windows. Got it from gardenbuildingsdirect.com, was about £550 including base flooring etc. got rid of all the **** from my old shed, or it's still floating about the garden as per pic. If anyone wants a butler sink come and get it. I used to use it to grow basil but slugs seems to eat it before me so not bothering anymore.

image.jpg

Interior shot of beer, to keep this vaguely beer related! Crate left: amarillo and AG cascade, top right crate: Galaxy, left barrel wherry, right barrel LP.

image.jpg

Back