Coming to Skegness on holiday?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Skegness has finally won worldwide fame and it's now up there with the greats according to Destination Tips. :thumb:

We made the Top Ten as follow:
1. Kiev, Ukraine
2. Port au Prince, Haiti
3. Damascus, Syria
4. Mogadishu, Somalia
5. Pyongyang, North Korea
6. Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
7. Bogota, Colombia
8. Dhaka, Bangladesh
9. Skegness, Lincolnshire
10. Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea

Apparently, Port Moresby in Papua New Guinea is "infamous for its high crime, machete-carrying locals and carjacking" and Skeggy still beats it. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Okay, I shouldn't get carried away with pride because on the down-side, we didn't beat ...
o Ciudad Juaraz, in Mexico,
o Mogadishu in Somalia or
o Port au Prince in Haiti.

These are all places where "kidnap, imprisonment or murder are serious risks" so I guess we will just have to try that bit harder next year. :doh:

In the meantime, Skegness is a great place to send your mother-in-law for her holidays ... :thumb:

... if she still refuses to go to Somalia! :whistle:

Reference:
http://travel.aol.co.uk/2017/01/20/...-grid7|main5|dl1|sec1_lnk2&pLid=1809376749_uk

In the original article on destinationtips.com ..... "Skegness is now a pile of dirt bordering the North Sea"
So there you have it, from the key board of a top class journalist.
And even Batemans brewery didn't swing it! :-(

In the meantime, Skegness is a great place to send your mother-in-law for her holidays ... :thumb:

... if she still refuses to go to Somalia! :whistle:

Just tell her it's a cruise round the cape on a very slow boat...

When I was in Ukraine the local vodka distillery in Poltava celebrated "200 years of uninterrupted production" ... :thumb:

... and I could understand why it was needed! :whistle: :whistle:

i like the fact that the retail price index employed concentrates on the staples
bread sausage and vodka.
I dont like the war thats ongoing

The Ukrainians are a tremendously resilient people and the land itself is immense!

Over history they have seen off the Turkish Empire, Napoleon, Hitler and Stalin so I reckon that long-term Putin is on a losing wicket and Ukraine will be there long after he's dead, buried and forgotten about!

As a kid I used to go "beet chopping" for 25p an acre. Armed with a hoe the job was to walk along a row of beets that had just sprouted and "single-up" a beet plant by chopping away the ones on either side. (This allowed the beet to grow to the size we see in the shops.) It was incredibly boring and back-breaking work but it paid really well because I could manage about two acres a day for a whole 50p! :doh:

Being driven from Kiev to Poltava one day I saw a lady in a field, on her own, chopping beet. The field was about the size of Skegness so, using my own meagre efforts as a yardstick, I reckoned that it would take her at least four years to complete her task!

A determined and resilient people are Ukrainians. :thumb:

T....so I reckon that long-term Putin is on a losing wicket and Ukraine will be there long after he's dead, buried and forgotten about!.....

Pretty much like all the nuclear radiation and contamination from chernobyl :-o

I don't think it bodes well for Skeg that Pyongyang in North Korea is well above it...

I went to Skeg on holiday last August though and had a blast. :lol:

Latest posts

Back