• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

100g carafa special 3 + 100g choc malt

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHW

Landlord.
Reaction score
Bit of an odd request.

I'd like to do a black ipa, specifically the one from Greg Hughes book, but just using citra hops. However I'm a bit loathed to spend the £7 or so (including postage) on a kilo of each of these malts when I'm only going to use 100g of each (probably less than a quids worth).

Any kind hearted people out there want to sell me some at postage cost plus a small commission?!

All I've got that I could exchange is caramalt. Would be happy to part with the equivalent weight as a swap though.

Pm me if you've got them and are altruistic enough to help a fellow brewer...

Cheers y'all

Cheers toonah, New Malden, KT3.
If you fancy a swap let me know, though if I can't get a swap / donor for the carafa I'll hold fire, as if I need to order one lot I might as well order both! Mind you I'm not sure what the postage on 100g would be?

I have the Carafa III. Also got about 100g Choc left but it's out of date. Not crushed yet though, I could crush it and send it. Yours for nowt. Alternatively, I have pale chocolate.

Looks like you can post up to 2kg second class for £2.80, seems unexpectedly cheap that?

Any way, I have a number of recently out of date grains that I can crush and send out to anyone interested, for the cost of P&P. Approx amounts:

Special B 250g
Amber Malt 300g
Brown Malt 250g
Pale Choc 250g
Chocolate 100
Chocolate (roasted) Rye 500g
Roasted Barley 500g
Black Malt 150g
Carafa III 250g
Dark Crystal 170g
Extra Dark Crystal 250g
Dark Wheat 250g

Also got a 100g pack 2012 Fuggles, unopened, I won't use. I tend to use Progress, or Pilgrim, in place of Fuggles.

PM me if you want anything, around £3 for P&P.

Latest posts

Back