* 175 Pint Giveaway * review thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBigWoo

Reaction score
Well folks as promised a little review...

My first Mad Millie Sugar Inclusive 35 Pint 4.2% ABV Lager Kit was ready to drink last weekend. I had it in two 10L mini kegs and brought one to a little gathering of friends on Saturday evening (all outdoor with reasonable social distancing!). I was pleasantly surprised myself and my friends thought that it tasted better than the bland lagers that they had brought along. The result was an empty keg brought home.

It was very easy to brew, SG 1040 fermented down to 1008 giving an ABV of 4.2%, Exactly as per instructions. The yeast is a MJ Californian Lager Yeast that ferments at ale temperatures, so that has saved a bit of hassle with the temperature control. The second batch is near ready for Kegging/Bottling and as i had a little cascade left over from a previous brew i've added that as a dry hop. I've also donated one kit to my neighbour to get him back into brewing again.

Thanks again to brew2bottle for the competition.

Niall

Cool. I've just ordered this as B2B are now selling the two pouch kit for £10.95!
Did you combine the two pouches and does each pouch have a bag of brewing sugar? The ad said sugar inclusive, but not how much.

I was planning to pimp the combined pouches with a 30 min mash/boil of 100g leftover Munich Malt, 500g light DME, 10g cascade late boil, then dry hop 40g cascade during fermentation.

The two pouches contain everything, nothing else to add except water & the yeast.

I've dry hopped the 2nd batch with cascade, will let you know how that turns out next week.

Latest posts

Back