1st Brew..Does it looks normal and water levels?!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grandelf

Reaction score
Hi

I started my brew off on Saturday afternoon (2/3) 1st is the Heritage IPA from Coopers and the other is the Cooper Lager.

The lager is looking a bit yellow (I was going to attach a photo but Newbie right means I can't) I guess about this colour
The other thing is the 'water level for both seem to be about 1 ltr under the 23ltr mark. I guess I miss measured it...will this effect things other than giving me less beer at the end of it!?

Hi there grandelf,
Nothing to worry about, everything sounds like it is ok. The chances are that your measuring is not as poor as the markings on your FV, they are notoriously inexact. Its ok to brew short, you get slightly less beer but it is also stronger beer. You will find that many on here brew a 23L kit down to 20L or so to up the ABV and flavour a little.

Hi , yellow is right for a lager and you're better off brewing a little short as this will improve mouthfeel and so on . :thumb:

Thanks for the replys so far, just trying to work out how to get a picture up, guess I'm going to have to use BB codes.

12908642164_ca7fbf11db.jpg

That was on Sunday morning

12908294733_4ba6f9bd93.jpg
[/url]

Today

Hope so, have managed to phone a local pub who will give me the glass bottles I need, shame they wont be brown but I can keep the beer dark and in boxes as needed if I end up with a load of NBA style bottles.

I so want the brew to be at least OK....

well this is where I am

IPA

13176702354_fa4605952b.jpg

Coopers Lager, not convinced. Looks very washed out

13176441905_60632633e7.jpg

Back