29 Years ago today in Rotterdam.............................

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
"Shaw, Williams, prepared to venture down the left. There's a good ball in for Tony Morley. Oh, it must be and it is! It's Peter Withe!" Brian Moore

1982 European Cup Final - Aston Villa 1 - 0 Bayern Munich

I'm raisng a glass! :drink:

UTV!

Remember it well, I was in hospital having 3 wisdom teeth out that night. Ouch :(

Greatest goal maybe overstating it a little bit lol

I would have been 18 months old :D, I'm just :pray: that the mighty Huddersfield will win on sunday in the game of the weekend :thumb:

paulpj26 said:
Greatest goal maybe overstating it a little bit lol

I would have been 18 months old :D, I'm just :pray: that the mighty Huddersfield will win on sunday in the game of the weekend :thumb:

Yes, that is overstating it from a technical point of view, definately one of the greatest goals in Villa history though :cool:

GL at the weekend!

Thanks Wez

Will be injustice if we don't go up, we can finish 8 points in front of Peterborough and yet it comes down to a "cup final", bloody play-offs :evil:

Yes it's mad

Steer clear of TalkSport this week, Adrian Durham is peterborough bias dot com!

Shhh, he likes to keep it quiet ;)

I'm youtubing old Villa goals. Gary Shaw = leg end.

you looking forward to xxxxxxxx comeing back young wezley lad? :D I think I read a stat saying villa were 20 odd points worse off than last year, shocking man! xxxxxxxx GTF! mind you that useless baldy (penalty missing numpty against england that will never be forgiven) lovely chap garry mcallister isnt much better!

I must have been 9 years old.
I remember watching the game with my brother and seeing a banner in the crowd that stated:

" Good Evens above, we're Shaw to win the cup with Withe"............or words to that effect. Classic.

Steve

Steve k said:
I must have been 9 years old.
I remember watching the game with my brother and seeing a banner in the crowd that stated:

" Good Evens above, we're Shaw to win the cup with Withe"............or words to that effect. Classic.

Steve

:clap: :clap: love it.......I was 7 :oops: remember it though :cool: walk the dog most mornings with a chap "who woz there" it often crops up.

The previous year my dad had promised to take me and my brother to Paris to watch the Liverpool final (I was a BWFC fan).....in the end he bought us a black and white portable to watch it on while he went with his mates......God rest his soul.

Steve

If you have kids, you need to keep that tradition up. Nowadays though it's a 32" flat screen.

Raising a glass to him :drink:

Back