5th batch on.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bombers hoppy ending

Reaction score
So started this journey at the end of Feb and enjoying it.
Yesterday was a busy day. Brew 4 was bottled and number 5 in the fermenter @ 18.5C.
To date.
Pilgrims hope. 40 pints
Cwtch 36 pints
MJ juicy session IPA 40 pints
MJ American pale ale 40 pints
Courage Director’s.

So far PH has a very slight yeast finish.
Cwtch is very nice as is the MJ juicy IPA. Friends that have tried them have all been impressed so far.
The MJ APA bottling dregs tasted very nice so high hopes for that one too.
The OG on the directors was a little under expected @1045. Not sure why as the cans where spotlessly empty and it was mixed and stirred to death. We shall see how it turns out. 12hrs in and she’s bubbling already. Will be fine if it turns out low 4.2% rather than 4.8%.
Kits ready to go are.
Festival strong Suffolk ale
MJ Juicy IPA, for a repeat.
MJ Irish red ale.

Plan is to keep feeding them in at the front. Bottle and brew within a day or so, to build stock. It now been a week since I purchased commercial beer so getting to where I wanted to be.

So started this journey at the end of Feb and enjoying it.
Yesterday was a busy day. Brew 4 was bottled and number 5 in the fermenter @ 18.5C.
To date.
Pilgrims hope. 40 pints
Cwtch 36 pints
MJ juicy session IPA 40 pints
MJ American pale ale 40 pints
Courage Director’s.

So far PH has a very slight yeast finish.
Cwtch is very nice as is the MJ juicy IPA. Friends that have tried them have all been impressed so far.
The MJ APA bottling dregs tasted very nice so high hopes for that one too.
The OG on the directors was a little under expected @1045. Not sure why as the cans where spotlessly empty and it was mixed and stirred to death. We shall see how it turns out. 12hrs in and she’s bubbling already. Will be fine if it turns out low 4.2% rather than 4.8%.
Kits ready to go are.
Festival strong Suffolk ale
MJ Juicy IPA, for a repeat.
MJ Irish red ale.

Plan is to keep feeding them in at the front. Bottle and brew within a day or so, to build stock. It now been a week since I purchased commercial beer so getting to where I wanted to be.
I’m on my 3rd brew, it’s an addictive hobby good luck in your journey

Thanks you too. I’ve been keeping a brew log from the first. Detailing temps and fermentation activity, gravity readings and info regarding bottling. Brewing info for future brews and learning points.
Some interesting points coming out of it.

Thanks you too. I’ve been keeping a brew log from the first. Detailing temps and fermentation activity, gravity readings and info regarding bottling. Brewing info for future brews and learning points.
Some interesting points coming out of it.
I keep notes aswell, trick I learnt from bread making

Nice collection of kits there. I’ve done 7 beers, a Cider and a white wine kit. I started in the beginning of December. So far I have done the following kits:
1. Richies Simply lager
2. Coopers Hefe Wheat kit
3. Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit IPA
4. Australian Blend Pinot Grigio
5. Festival Oaked Apple Cider
6. Bruphoria James Blonde Ale
7. Mangrove Jacks Bavarian Wheat beer
8. Mangrove Jacks Juicy Session IPA

I have a Mangrove Jacks Irish Red Ale on at the moment and I’ll be sticking on a Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit IPA again next. So far the quality of the kits is very good and far nicer than anything I could get in a pub and well up there and beyond some craft beers in off licenses. Juicy Session IPA is my favourite so far but all have been very good. It’s lovely to have a choice of beers. Enjoy.

Back