6 gallons of home made grape juice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Apple

Reaction score
Long story i will make it short. I bought a cider mill and the lady gave me a lot of jars with it and 12 of the half gallons were full of home made red grape juice. Most of the bottles are half full of rine small bits of skin and are just different from the smokey juice on top. My question to you is there any thing i could do to make this into wine?I am in my first brew ever with the apple juice from the mill 2 weeks ago.I was thinking about geting me a 6 and one half gallon carboy and adding the yeast and sugar and working it off would this be just a waste of time?

You've probably already either made it or it's gone off and you've poured it away.

However, just to let you know that from our experience, apple and red grape juice makes a good autumn wine. Blackberries are good too, but be very careful with elderberries, they need to be used in real moderation to avoid the product being very bitter.

Big country wines like these get much better if stored for a year or more in large volumes in an airtight container and a cool dark place. They can then be bottled when they're really cleared.

Sorry if I'm teaching granny etc.

Latest posts

Back