A Doctor Writes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldbloke

Regular.
Reaction score
T'missus has one of those "real life medics are ace" shows on the box.
Somebody who didn't get to prepare his script in advance has just informed us that if you fall from a height and land on your head, you may suffer head injuries.
Good job I didn't still have wine in my mouth, really, I hate snorting it out through my nose.

It's the same when the nurse pulls out a large needle and says.... slight scratch :shock:

Reminds me of a doctor being questioned in court about a post mortem. Barrister.... Did you remove the bullet? Doctor, Yes.
Barrister .. Are you sure he was dead at the time? Doctor .. Yes. Barrister.. How did you know? Doctor.. Because I had his brain in a jar on my desk.

oldjiver said:
Reminds me of a doctor being questioned in court about a post mortem. Barrister.... Did you remove the bullet? Doctor, Yes.
Barrister .. Are you sure he was dead at the time? Doctor .. Yes. Barrister.. How did you know? Doctor.. Because I had his brain in a jar on my desk.
If I remember, the questioning continued along the lines of:

Barrister: Is it possible though that he may have been alive at the time you examined him?
Doctor: Yes, it's possible that he is now alive and well and practicing law somewhere!

WelshPaul said:
oldjiver said:
If I remember, the questioning continued along the lines of:

Barrister: Is it possible though that he may have been alive at the time you examined him?
Doctor: Yes, it's possible that he is now alive and well and practicing law somewhere!
Thats the one! I vaguely remembered it from a whole list of similar jokes.

The medical conversation which sticks most in my mind went as follows...

Doc: Does that hurt?

Me: Of course it hurts, you've got your finger up my jacksey!

(felt like he'd got his bloody arm up there too - checking for swollen appendix. It wasn't that but hey took it out while they were in the neighbourhood)

Robbo said:
It's the same when the nurse pulls out a large needle and says.... slight scratch :shock:

"just a little prick" is the usual comment, I mean, how do they know? I'm always fully dressed :(

There are a couple of posts in this thread that beg for a like button :D

Latest posts

Back