A new option for induction brewers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sput

Reaction score
Boring background:

I recently switched to induction as the heat source for my kettle. It seems smarter, cleaner, quicker and more flexible than gas and allowed me to scale up without increasing the risk of getting blown up so all good there.

I started with the Tefal 2100W model as it was cheap and it worked but I relied on an electric mash tun to increase the temp to around 80 first so that kind of defeats the object.

Then like many I went for the Buffalo 3kW which is great - and looks the part. The only real drawback I see is the lack of a timer.

The point:

I've just seen a new thing pop up on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CHFFGWK/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
NOXTON 5000W Portable Commercial Induction Hob

I haven't seen any reference to this here or elsewhere so perhaps it's new but the two big benefits seem to be:

1. More power!
2. A timer.

Also it looks bigger and therefore better.

I originally started writing this as a "should I buy" thread but had a what the heck moment and have ordered it - I will report back on how it fares but would be interested in any other views / experiences?

I assume this needs to be direct-wired into a kitchen circuit because at 5kW it's going to draw nearly 21A. That alone would trip the B16 breaker that my kitchen oven is wired into!

Very good points about installation and electrical draw!! I'll see what the situation is and could be sending this right back...

Back