A Nice Warming Schooner

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re-introduce the schooner?

• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.

periolus

Landlord.
Reaction score
So - the regulations on measures for British pubs are being relaxed to allow the introduction of the 'schooner' - 2/3 pint glasses (375ml) to allow greater flexibility. Welcomed, apparently, by license holders across the country - BUT - what do you, the master brewers, make of it!

Put it to the vote! YAY or NAY!

Nay

No point unless they upped the ABV to 6-7% which they won't because of tax, and make brews interesting to drink which you want to sip and savour, in stead of the 'its alright, lets appeal to the broadest taste ' 3.8% real ales that we seem to have at the moment.

Read Pete Browns Man walks into a pub, and note that lager drinkers of the nineties switched away from bottled brands back to pints as pints were seen as more manly. And if they want to do it for women, no marketing of beer specifically to women over the last 100yrs has ever worked, it is a no no :nono: :nono: evidently in brewing marketing (but they still do it).

:drunk:

AG

Pint for the gentleman, glass of white wine for the lady* :thumb:

IMHO, halves are too small, litres are too big.

I always thought a schooner was a type of sherry glass, but I'm not sure I would want to drink 2/3 of a pint of sherry in one go.

* Mrs. Mole obviously ain't no lady, pint for her too.

Bring back Newcastle Brown :drink:

graysalchemy said:
Aleman said:
Now bring back the Quart . . . I'd vote for that :lol:
Wouldn't that just give you arm ache lifting one of them :lol: :lol:
Sorted :thumb:

PB11010701.jpg

Ansell's Bittermen quart tankard, 1970s /1980s?, Oxfam shop, £1

A yay from me. There's many a time I'm in a pub and simply can't try all the beers on offer, all in one night, and this would make it easier :P

And yes, my local regularly has 13 different hand pulls on :party: :drink: :drunk:

Back