Adding a fruit syrup to a beer kit? (specifically Malina)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guyb

Regular.
Reaction score
Hello all, I came across this thread viewtopic.php?f=41&t=14965 for Raspberryade (so I put two demijohns on last night, and it's bubbling away nicely).

I was wondering if you could add this syrup to a beer kit to make a Framboise style beer?

Any suggestions which beer kit I should add it to, and when?

I was wondering if maybe one of the belgian beers from Brupaks?

Any help / advice greatly appreciated.

(I originally posted in the beer discussion section, but perhaps this is a better place?)

I don't see no reason why you can't use the syrup in a beer. I poured a little into the bottom of a glass the other night and topped it up with a dark ale. The result was pretty good and this left me wondering the same.

Maybe use it for priming each bottle before capping. You only need a little though, the syrup is quite thick and has loads of flavour from such a small amount added.

using syrups for flavoring in secondary ferment er, is good , i use a local product called carob syrup, its great in stouts and dark beers, it is the seed pods from the carob tree and has a chocolate taste to it.
brewing
carob stout
vimto turbo cider
turbo cider
drinking carob ale
my own malted barley bitter
red wine from the villages here in cyprus
sivania.....spirit made from grapes :drunk:

Back