Advice on painting my keezer's collar

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leard

Reaction score
Hardly a brewing related question, more of a DIY question. However we don't have a DIY board. I recently made myself a keezer collar with wood from B&Q. Because they weren't offering the wood cutting service I ended up cutting the wood down myself using a hand saw. Obviously the sides didn't end up being the straightest and so I've filled in the gaps using acrylic sealant, also from B&Q. I now want to wood stain the collar, however I don't think it'll work on the filler so they'll be obvious gaps in the wood stain where the filler is. So probably painting it would be a better idea. Any ideas of what paint to use to make it look the best? I really like the wood effect that I've seen on other keezer's and would like to get as close to that as possible.

Could you use something like this to cover the corners?

Mine werent particularly neat either so I covered them and stained the collar with Colron danish oil, came out looking pretty good.
1593595336049.png

Could you use something like this to cover the corners?

Mine werent particularly neat either so I covered them and stained the collar with Colron danish oil, came out looking pretty good.
View attachment 28520

That might do the job actually. Did you just glue them straight onto the wood? Only issue is if I can find some big enough. I haven't done 45" angles to connect the wood, just two shorter sides. So I'd need to find one that covers the entire thickness of the wood which is about 44mm.

Latest posts

Back