ag#13 apa

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danb

Landlord.
Reaction score
Planning an APA for this weekend. I do a nice ipa with cascade and Willamette and recently done a nice golden ale with celeia.
So going for an APA with all 3 mixed together and looking forward to this.

5kg m/o
250g crystal
200g wheat malt

15g magnum fwh

20g cascade 15min
20g celeia 15min
20g willamette 15min

20g cascade f/o
20g celeia f/o
20g willamette f/o

1.054, 23l and 35ibu
Mashed at 66'c
Gervin ale yeast rehydrated at 30'c

That looks like a cracker :drink: Some dry hopping after the initial activity has died down would do no harm. I just chuck them in without a bag/sock.

Looks like a good brew mate, will be lovely for the up coming summer weather :D

Cascade and Willamette are really goo together, never used celeia before, so I couldn't comment.
Good luck

I'm really enjoying the celeia golden ale and positive the flavour will accompany cascade and wwillamette nicely. Brewshed should have a very nice aroma at the weekend.

Water tested,
12.6ml AMS needed
Gypsum 4.54g in mash
8.39g in boiler

Calculator is calling for 3g of Epsom salts too but been advised previously not to add so just going with gypsum.
Will drop missus and kids off then I can get cracking :thumb:

All done and got 23l tucked away in fridge at 18'c.
Some pics
Heating strike water

Grain shot

Mash temp hit bang on

First runnings

Hops weighed out

Ag#10 as a refreshment

Start of boil

15 min addition

F/o addition

Rehydrated

Messy

This was the best sample I've tasted before fermentation too so can't wait for the end result! :drink:

Great brewday report. Why not add the Epsom salts? I have been looking at water as I have really soft water and bee to up my calcium for my brews as I am well under 50ppm at the moment.

Nice big krausen today and the smell when I opened the fridge door was amazing. :cheers:

Back