AG#2 Porter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenki

Reaction score
Hi All, Today is my second All grain brew day, and as i type the boil is underway, its a porter
I've adjusted my mash liquor to accomodate for the boil off i expierienced last time and it's looking better at the moment.
I'll post pics later.
Crystal Malt 130 EBC 0300 grams 7.4%
Pale Malt 5 EBC 3400 grams 84.4%
Chocolate Malt 1050 EBC 300 grams 7.4%
Black Malt 1300 EBC 0 lbs. 1.1 oz 30 grams 0.7%
Fuggle Whole 4.9 % 90 mins 45 grams 45%
Golding Whole 5.7 % 90 mins 40 grams 40%
Fuggle Whole 4.9 % 15 mins 15 grams 15%
Final Volume: 23 Litres Original Gravity: 1.042 Final Gravity: 1.012 Alcohol Content: 3.9% ABV

Grains and warming the mashtun with Hot water - combis are ace (as long as you remember not to wash the dog with this tap :oops: )
grain.jpg
heatmashtun.jpg

Checking the mash Temp, jugging back the first runnings then the 3 tier set up sparging
mashtemp.jpg
firstrunnings.jpg
Sparging.jpg

90min hops and then the cooler in place with 15mins to go
90minhops.jpg
cooling.jpg

I got 21L this time, so nealry there, I stopped the sparging early and this stopped the syphoning effect and left more water in the HLT, i'll get there. So I watered back to get 23L (thanks MD for the info last time).
OG was a bit high at 1.048, but i can live with that. It's in the FV now and in my heated enviroment next to my AG1, which is ready for the bottle. Beer time :drink:

Latest posts

Back