AG#40 Summer Daze - take 2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickthebrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
I brewed my original Summer Daze last year - tweaked the malt and hop a little, I find the hop combo of EKG, northdown and challenger spot on :cool: This will be low ABV with a little wheat malt and carapils with the pale malt :cheers: Some of these bottles will go to a mates birthday BBQ for his daughters 1st birthday in July, she is called Summer :D

46litres Summer Daze 3.7%

6200g Pale malt - m/o
700g Wheat malt
250g Carapils
300g Sugar

20g Pilot - 60mins
30g EKG - 60mins
40g Northdown - 10mins
40g Challenger - 10mins
40g EKG - 10mins
30g EKG - 5mins
30g Challenger - 30min steep at 80degrees

OG:1038 FG:1009 (may be a few points lower) IBU:37.5 SRM:4.2 Mash @68 degrees c

each FV dryhopped with 15g challenger after around a week for last 3days of fermentation, will be using last brews yeast slurry (us-05).

Happy Brewing :drink: :drink: :drink:

1st Birthday :eek: Starting them a bit young there Rick............. No wonder it is a low ABV better go easy on the hops as well till there young palate gets a little more refined :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope it is a cracking brew day mate :thumb:

Nice smooth brewday - great efficency hit 46litres at 1043 :D All fermenting away - next brew will be a blue moon clone and then a double IPA/APA type brew - just need to drink a load of beers in 330ml bottles for that one ;) Just as well my sainsburys has the following offers,

brewdog punk ipa -99p
brewdog 5am saint - 98p
blue moon - £1.15
boston lager - around a quid as well!
:drink:

This will be nice, I should think - hoppy yet with moderate ABV, so a few can surely be hoisted without an uncontrollable urge to belt out dirty ditties.

rickthebrew said:
just need to drink a load of beers in 330ml bottles for that one ;) Just as well my sainsburys has the following offers,

The horror! :D

Latest posts

Back