AG#47 Timothy Taylor Landlord

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickthebrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
:D

Tommorrows brew is 46litres of this straight out of the Wheeler book, I`m using wlp002 english ale yeast - anyone brewed with this yeast? Also how have peoples TTL clones turned out and did you tweak the recipe at all - i`m thinking of some flame out hops maybe?

:drink: :drink:

Have a good one Rick. I have wanted to use 002 but when ever ive gone to plce an order it has always been out of stock. Not done a TTL but it is on my to do list.

TTL does have when at its best a sweet finish.... WL002 is perfect for this.....

Done a pale a while ago with 002 and it did have similar qualities....

Good luck RTB

Done this brew with WLP002 and 005, think 005 just shades it but think you will enjoy it. Brewed it 2 weeks ago with a brewlabs yeast.

Mines ready for sampling. It's been in the fridge for a few hours now. Although I did buy mine from Morrisons :lol:

Suffering as I do from a well known spelling disorder (known as stupidity when I was at school) I read the title to this thread as AK 47.....bloody hell , I thought , that sounds a bit strong .....

....they may have had a pont about the stupidity :hmm:

robsan77 said:
002 will drop clear very quickly too. It's my fav yeast!

Doesn`t it just!! I bottled this yesterday and i`ve never bottled anything as clear before - it took me around 40mins longer to bottle then usual because I kept holding it up to the light in the clear bottles in amazement :lol: (plus i had about two pints straight from the FV and ended up with 78 x 500ml bottles :party: ) It also tastes lovely - very very simular to TTL - maybe not quite as fruity but definetley near with a lovely bitter sweet finish - great :D I`m very happy as some of this is for my dad for xmas along with some lovely oatmeal stouts and the rest is my xmas quaffing ale - hope to squeeze a brew in this weekend as well - tempted to do a six x type clone that I think will work well with this yeast ( oh yes I split it and saved the yeast cake :P )

I don`t think i`ve ever felt better about a brew :thumb: So if you`ve not tried wlp002 then stick it on your list :drink:

I love WLP002.

It is my yeast of choice. First every time.

Hugely flocculant and clears very bright...so much that sometimes you wonder if tehre will be enough residual yeast to sort out the conditioning. Some report having problems with diacetyl if you don't let it rest for a while after it has dropped to the target gravity, but I can honestly say I have never had this problem..and I once over-pitched, watched the beer drop from 1.044 to 1.010 in three days and then, perhaps unwisely, casked it straight away. It was fine. Perhaps I just can't taste/smell butterscotch?

I love brewing beer, me.

Take care
Jon

shocker said:
Suffering as I do from a well known spelling disorder (known as stupidity when I was at school) I read the title to this thread as AK 47.....bloody hell , I thought , that sounds a bit strong .....

....they may have had a pont about the stupidity :hmm:

haha, that made me laugh :grin:

Back