AG#5 - BrownTown

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a week in the FV now. Dropped to 1.013. I'm expecting it to drop to 1.010 or 1.008. Another week in the FV at 18c then a week in my other fridge to cool and clear.

N4MN1O0.jpg

JH1yhf6.jpg

Smells lovely at the minute :thumb:

Hi piddle sorry for the late reply.

It's bottled now, did it Tuesday. Think I had a major problem with batch priming which I posted about on Wednesday. Most the sugar solution got left at the bottom of the bucket I think!

Apart from that, tasted good and is nice and clear.

The bottles are developing a sediment so hopefully I can get away with using an activated glass when it comes to drinking if there is a lack of carbonation.

:D

Been in the bottle for 12 days, just had a sample. It's really good.

It's slightly lacking in body but Im hoping this will be fixed with time and maturation. The malt is definitely coming through, not very bitter - hense the recipe. If I were to do this again I'd probably up the bittering by 50%. I am still learning, and have learnt that I need a balance.

Overall I'm very happy with this so far, its early days yet.

uP8s575.jpg

A quick update if anyone is interested.

It has developed an almost nutty flavour. Im at a loss to think where this has come from, a couple of people have now mentioned this. Very intriguing. Definitely needs a few more IBU's but apart from that I'm very happy

Back