AG#9 Comedy of ERRORS

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snail59

Regular.
Reaction score
This was going to be a variation on my FFF Winter ale but due to not having what I thought I had in the cupboard this has now turned into a brew of its own.

Comedy of ERRORS

Why TRAP 2 well FFF was Firodas Festive Filler. Firoda is our retired greyhound (ROCK OF FIRODA) so as it is a second variation of that recipe TRAP 2. Feeble I know :D

Anyway Grains weighed out ready. Water drawn off and treated. Plate chiller pressure cooked. So ready for an earlyish start. Will weigh hops while HLT is warming up in the morning.

have a good brewday mick :thumb: I`m visiting relatives and can`t wait till next weekend for a brew :thumb:

rickthebrew said:
have a good brewday mick :thumb: I`m visiting relatives and can`t wait till next weekend for a brew :thumb:

Thanks Rick :thumb: Hope you have a nice time visiting :D

Mash is on Time to have a cuppa then get hops weighed out.

Oh I hope this works out OK.

Another recipe change. Hoping has changed now. Went weigh them out wanted 45g of Bobeck but only have 31g. Weighed out the 50g of Crystal and there was only a little left in the pack so have upped those to 57g and thought oh well stuff it lets just use up the First Gold as well so those have now gone from 25g to 50g

Well this is either going to be an awesome beer or drain cleaner.

2nd hops in and plate chiller plumbed into the boiler (eventually). Forgot how I had fitted it last time I used it. Boiler played up would not get up to a rolling boil then realised it was set on wrong setting :oops:

Got 45 mins before 3rd hops go in so decided to get my Cherry TC on while this is at a boil. While i was rummaging in the brew box in the garage (all items had been packed ready to move before sale fell through) looking for my yeast and nutrient guess what I found in the box. Yup you guessed it my bag of Roasted Barley :whistle:

Think I might change the name of this to The Comedy of ERRORS.

That has got to be the worst brewday I have had :( . Missed all my Targets :? . Had nothing but PROBLEMS :eek: . Made too many changes to the recipe (mostly needless ones as it turned out). I have now changed the name of this and AG10 will be Trap 2 to the original recipe.

So I now have 17lts @ 1.058 @ 24C.

Tasted the contents of the trial Jar and it is not that good. Will have to see what happens in a couple of weeks when the yeasties have had a chance to correct my errors :D

I`m sure it will turn out OK :thumb: You need to start brewing more often ;) then you won`t forget how to do it ;)

:lol:

cheers mick

And so it continues................

Went to take a sample to check the gravity and a quick QC check tonight. Sterilized/Sanitized the wine thief started pouring into trial jar and dropped trial jar into FV trial jar had NOT been sterilized/Sanitized :twisted:.

snail59 said:
And so it continues................

Went to take a sample to check the gravity and a quick QC check tonight. Sterilized/Sanitized the wine thief started pouring into trial jar and dropped trial jar into FV trial jar had NOT been sterilized/Sanitized :twisted:.
Bet your trial jar had been thoroughly rinsed after its last use.
If so I don't see any problems.

Looks like the brew survived the trial jar incident. Wish I had had your confidence Jim :thumb:

Bottled it tonight and NOTHING seems to have gone wrong other than loosing a whole 5lts because there was two inches of crud and rubbish from the ferment in the bottom and some lumps floating on top. Looked like bits of cork. Ive ended up with 29 bottles and three of these will be heading for the spring thing comp :pray:

Latest posts

Back