Am I being unreasonable?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Futureboy77

Reaction score
Just want the hive mind view on whether I am being a bit unreasonable (or not).

I ordered a stainless conical. This was advertised as coming with leg extensions, both in item description, the item dimensions and included with the images (both store webshop and eBay store).

This appealed me as I can take hydrometer samples from the tap, without moving my FV.

Item arrived today and I'm really happy with it. However, no legs included.

I sent a message to the seller saying that I understood things will be hectic, but could they send the legs when they got a chance.
They have replied saying it's an error in the listing and as it doesn't have a dump valve it doesn't need extensions.

That's surely is "item not as described"?

Pity, as I don't want to return it, I just wish it came as advertised.

Go through their returns procedure and keep copies of all correspondence. Take a screenshot of the original offer/advert. they should arrange collection as you have not changed your mind, they made an error. At the very least, they should email you a pre-paid label to stick on the box. You might have to take it to a post office.

You have bought something that has has apparently been delivered not as described. That's not your fault it the seller's. The seller is legally obliged to put that right. You can either return it at at his cost, or allow the seller to put it right in a reasonable time frame to your satisfaction so that it eventually matches what you thought you were buying. But don't be fobbed off, the law still applies to online purchases even in these difficult times.

Back