Another beery idea

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good to me especially as Nelson sauvin is one of my favourite.

Will you be dry hopping with it as well or have you only got 100g.

Just using up some grains I had. Was going to do a green bullet ale. But not sure what it's like so thought I'd use the Nelson up instead.

Cool. Was going to suggest using something else for bittering to give you more nelson for late editions and dry hopping but it sounds like you've got it covered

Yeah I will do. Not really made a beer of my own recipe yet ( Clibit usually tweaks it after I've asked numerous questions ). So see how it goes.

No tweaks I could think of this time. :geek:

I posted Kipling recipe ages ago. Like yonks, man. :hippy:

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53520

On a good day, on cask, with the wind in the right direction, Kipling is a superb beer. It's a good beer even on an average day. Mind you, I actually think Thornbridge beers have deteriorated alarmingly though. I wonder what's going on, is it just me? I recently had a bottle of Jaipur that was so bad I was stunned into silence while drinking it. If I'd made it, and my beer is nowt special, just decent home brewed AG beer, I'd have been rattled by how wrong I'd got it, and nobody else would ever have tasted it. Hopefully just a bad bottle, but how does a really rubbish bottle of beer happen in a high tech brewery?

I've had a bad pint if Jaipur on cask, but generally I find their bottles excellent. Maybe you did get a bad one. I've become more aware of how freshness is important with beer (maybe this deserves a new thread). I had a half pint of Brewdog Born To Die yesterday and it was incredible for its hop freshness.

Anyway, might be worth having a listen to this podcast with Thornbridge:

http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/post1904/

Latest posts

Back