Another homebrew delivery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dowden87

Reaction score
I just took delivery of these two kits. It was from a place called Whitehall coffee & emporium. I messaged them directly on Facebook as I seen they sold homebrew. I had a chat with the owner and they said they're his kits under his name but I believe they're made by hamstead homebrew. Both kits got got hop pellets and hop extract liquid. Quick delivery too. They arrived within two days.

Attachments

• IMG20230707120820.jpg
    IMG20230707120820.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 4
I just took delivery of these two kits. It was from a place called Whitehall coffee & emporium. I messaged them directly on Facebook as I seen they sold homebrew. I had a chat with the owner and they said they're his kits under his name but I believe they're made by hamstead homebrew. Both kits got got hop pellets and hop extract liquid. Quick delivery too. They arrived within two days.
Have they got a website for the homebrew stuff rather than just Facetube page? They do seem to have some of Hamstead's kits but the ones you've got although different do actually look similar.
There looks to be a web address on the boxes but I can't make it out

Cheers Tom

Have they got a website for the homebrew stuff rather than just Facetube page? They do seem to have some of Hamstead's kits but the ones you've got although different do actually look similar.
There looks to be a web address on the boxes but I can't make it out

Cheers Tom
Unfortunately I think it's just on Facebook. They did have a homebrew website Darwin homebrew but it doesn't seem to be working now

Yeah but the website isn't active no more but he still sells lots of homebrew

Right o.
As you say, it looks like Hamstead make them up for him. I've contacted Chris at Hamstead to see if he's got thoughts for putting together something along the lines of Black Sheep Bitter. Was late on Friday so I've not had a reply yet 🤞

Cheers Tom

Right o.
As you say, it looks like Hamstead make them up for him. I've contacted Chris at Hamstead to see if he's got thoughts for putting together something along the lines of Black Sheep Bitter. Was late on Friday so I've not had a reply yet 🤞

Cheers Tom
They have always been really good when I've emailed them. Let me know if you get a reply 🙂

They have always been really good when I've emailed them. Let me know if you get a reply 🙂
He must have heard me posting about it as I've had a reply this morning. His suggestion for a Black Sheep Bitter is........

1 x base 2, 1 x base 3
Grain teabags 2 x no.1, 2 x no. 4 and 1 x no.6 put the no.6 in for the last 5 minutes of steep only.
Hop teabags 1 x fuggles and 1 x goldings and a dab yeast.

I need to get through at least another 2 brews before I can justify placing an order or risk a "look/glare" from Mrs Soupdragon. "Haven't you got enough beer stuff?" she would say 🤣🤣 That's a contradiction in itself, you can't have enough beer stuff 👍
Let me know if you order the black sheep recipe. I've asked if he can list it with the other Craft Packs.

Cheers Tom

He must have heard me posting about it as I've had a reply this morning. His suggestion for a Black Sheep Bitter is........

1 x base 2, 1 x base 3
Grain teabags 2 x no.1, 2 x no. 4 and 1 x no.6 put the no.6 in for the last 5 minutes of steep only.
Hop teabags 1 x fuggles and 1 x goldings and a dab yeast.

I need to get through at least another 2 brews before I can justify placing an order or risk a "look/glare" from Mrs Soupdragon. "Haven't you got enough beer stuff?" she would say 🤣🤣 That's a contradiction in itself, you can't have enough beer stuff 👍
Let me know if you order the black sheep recipe. I've asked if he can list it with the other Craft Packs.

Cheers Tom
Haha I know the feeling the wife doesnt say anything anymore. I've got a hamstead homebrew pilsner ready to bottle. It's currently sitting at 1.014, but the starting gravity was slightly higher than needed so it works out at 4.1 %. I'm happy with that and it tastes great. I've got a funky bow wow to brew next then the brown ale and the IPA 😂 plus 10 pints of Pinter pale ale. I will definitely order one to try. Cheers Pete

I do like the dab as I've got little heat mat and I can keep the temperature at around 22 degrees sometimes 23 and it ferments really well and there's no off flavours

Chris said he has plans to add more craft packs to the list but said having the time to do them and finding actual shelf space in-store for them is quite an issue. He also said that if there were any other particular recipes that I/we/anyone fancied doing, simply drop him an email or call and he can sort something out from the available list of ingredients.
As you said, he comes across a very helpful and knowledgeable chap. I'm looking forward to getting an order in, hope I don't have to wait too long

Cheers Tom

Chris said he has plans to add more craft packs to the list but said having the time to do them and finding actual shelf space in-store for them is quite an issue. He also said that if there were any other particular recipes that I/we/anyone fancied doing, simply drop him an email or call and he can sort something out from the available list of ingredients.
As you said, he comes across a very helpful and knowledgeable chap. I'm looking forward to getting an order in, hope I don't have to wait too long

Cheers Tom
He's always been great with me too. That's good to know the craft pack brews are amazing. I loved the cardinals ale. For me though the only problem was it finished at 5%, but when you drink it, it goes down so smooth and after 3 pints it hits you haha quality though

For me though the only problem was it finished at 5%, but when you drink it, it goes down so smooth and after 3 pints it hits you haha quality though
Not a problem for me then, I'm a boring old git and just have 1 pint before my tea (dinner for people living in the south 😉) and a glass of wine afterwards

Cheers Tom

I'm looking forward to getting an order in, hope I don't have to wait too long

Cheers Tom
Well I've finally got around to placing an order. 1x Cardinals ale, 1x No Bull Black Country Bitter (Bathams bitter) and a York brewery Yorkshire Terrier. Not sure which to do first. Will have a good read and see what hop/grain additions there are before deciding

Cheers Tom

Well I've finally got around to placing an order. 1x Cardinals ale, 1x No Bull Black Country Bitter (Bathams bitter) and a York brewery Yorkshire Terrier. Not sure which to do first. Will have a good read and see what hop/grain additions there are before deciding

Cheers Tom
Congratulations! You will enjoy them all. Let me know how you get on
Cheers
Pete

Back