Any one seen this contraption?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a glorified keg. Sadly there are only a tiny selection of "torps" to refill it and I can't see if you can add your own brew.

You might as well get tap a draft from wilko . if you want this system. Its around £45.00

£200:shock:

My local brewery do 22 pint mini barrels and they're awesome. They've got a C02 cylinder built in so it dispenses the beer under pressure and keeps it safe from oxygen. I'd rather have four or five of those (full) rather than pay £200 for a machine I'm afraid :cheers:

200 quid your having a laugh
200 Quids not exactly a kings ransom, is it? - Although i have to say that i rather fancy Mickeywheelspins brewery solution, lucky devil.... But once again it would make home brew irrelevant and i am enjoying brewing, i cant wait to have a go at proper mashing and brewing my own brew, Batemans xxx bitter clone, oh boy, absolute heaven. :smile:

ippseyTony You might as well get tap a draft from wilko . if you want this system. Its around £45.00
I have just had a look at it Tony, it does look to be the better bet by far, i am going to get a set of those this week and if it proves to be the real deal it as it appears to be, then i will get three or four of them. That is assuming that the bottles will fit in a standard fridge for cooling, that would save me trying to build a cooler from a chest freezer and messing with the electrics to get the right temperature.

Do you happen to know if they do fit in a normal house hold fridge??

Do you happen to know if the bottles can be gassed up from a bottle of gas as well as the sparklet bulb type things? It would be absolutely ideal if it did, i've already got a bottle of gas, it would certainly make it a lot cheaper in the long run. .

The tap-a-draft fits into a regular fridge, although I have to shift the top shelf up a few notches.
It works using the 8g co2 capsules, not sure it would work with a big cannister. Unless you can find a way of refilling the capsules.

The tap-a-draft fits into a regular fridge, although I have to shift the top shelf up a few notches.
It works using the 8g co2 capsules, not sure it would work with a big cannister. Unless you can find a way of refilling the capsules.
Thanks for answering the man question , been busy . plus the only down side of the little co2 8g is the amount you might use if your fridge temp is too low under 6c and you will use more co2.

Thanks for that roosterjones, all i need to know now is if it can be filled from the bigger gas bottle. Going back quite some years ago, i recall that those little gas capsules were then called sparklet bulbs and they had the same connection as the bigger gas bottle so you had the option of using either small capsules or the bigger gas bottle if its still the same to day then it will be all systems go.

I have been in touch with Wilko, they told me they would check it out with company that makes the ibrew kit and get back to me to day. The trouble is i have been out most of the day due to a minor problem. I will try ringing them tomorrow to see if they are working, if they are not then it will be Monday before i find out. I really do hope it works out, i reckon this a very good idea. Thanks again for your help.

£200:shock:

My local brewery do 22 pint mini barrels and they're awesome. They've got a C02 cylinder built in so it dispenses the beer under pressure and keeps it safe from oxygen. I'd rather have four or five of those (full) rather than pay £200 for a machine I'm afraid :cheers:
Thanks for your reply Mickeywheelspin, could you tell me what your local brewery is? It does sound like a good idea for xmas/new year if we have a big party i can only brew so much, all though i do have 9 gallon of blackberry and blackberry and apple wine on the go, but the beer is a different matter.

Thanks again.

could you tell me what your local brewery is?

Its the Rebellion brewery in Marlow. I cant recommend them highly enough, the beer is great and its a really friendly place. Free tasters are always available to help yourself to and the members nights are awesome! Who hasn't dreamt of turning up at a brewery with some mates, being handed a pint glass and being told to crack on :D:cheers:

The barrels used to be members only but anyone can get them now - think a deposit might be required though as cost the brewery about £120 each.

Looks like they've tarted up the website a bit - http://www.rebellionbeer.co.uk/brewery-shop/mini-barrels.aspx

I'd recommend it as a detour for anyone travelling past the M40 / A404 neck of the woods.

Thanks Mickywheelspin, i will look into that, its not a brewery i have ever heard of, but as they say, we live and learn.

Regarding the Tap-a-draft, the nice lady from Wilko phoned the company who make the ibrew kit and the connection is no good for the gas bottle. I am going to go for one set to see how it works out and if i can adapt it, i will order a couple more.

The lady at my local Wilko says that if i order it from my local store she will get it delivered there and i can then pick it up from there with out paying the delivery fee. I am hoping to nip in to town next week and order the tap-a-draft, it'll be just right for Crippin. Thanks again everyone.

Hi there is a conversion kit on ebay that allows you to attach gas cylinder to the tap a draft but only for US 16g tap not the twin 8g we have in uk

Latest posts

Back