Any plumbers out there?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey76

Reaction score
I live in the house that Jacques built... all of my internal plumbing needs a major overhaul, but what I'm really struggling with at the moment (for the past week) is my water pressure.

Any ideas why my water pressure to my kitchen tap would be decreasing?

For the majority of the time I have very strong pressure to this tap, however for the past week - week and a half it has been decreasing, this effects both hot and cold water.

Honestly I think I must have had a blindfold on when I went to view the house I need to make so many major changes!

In my limited plumbing experience there are a few causes.

1) You have a leak some ware or something (like a washing machine) is using water in the house and that is where the extra pressure is going when you are experiencing this low pressure.

2) Your main shut off valve is not fully open (closed a 1/4 turn from fully open)

3) There is a leak on the feed to your house or a problem with the supply to the house (a call to your water supplier should tell you if there is a known problem in your area).

p.s. I'm not a plumber but do some plumbing for myself.

Latest posts

Back