Are Hops Evil

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To further this discussion I have found scientific proof that men turn into women when drinking to much hoppy beer.

In April 2009, Sydney University and scientists released the results of a recent analysis that revealed the presence of female hormones in beer. Men should take a concerned look at their beer consumption.

The theory is that beer contains female hormones (hops contain Phytoestrogens) and that by drinking enough beer, men turn into women .

To test the theory, 100 men each drank 8 pints of beer within a one hour period.

It was then observed that 100% of the test subjects, yes, 100% of all these men:-

1) Argued over nothing.

2) Refused to apologize when obviously wrong.

3) Gained weight.

4) Talked excessively without making sense.

5) Became overly emotional

6) Couldn’t drive.

7) Failed to think rationally, and

8 ) Had to sit down while urinating.

No further testing was considered necessary!!

Now which of you suffer from these symptoms whilst drinking :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

if i drunk 8 pints of a 6% beer i would have all oth those
if I drunk 8 pints of 3.1% beer ( thwaits champion mild) I would only have one or 2 of them mostly rambling rubbish

so I guesse I should stick to 4 a night and reamain sober

Brewmarc said:
wildbrew said:
hops are related to cannabis,i was told by a AG brewer :cheers:

Fly to your room man, :shock: :shock: :shock: Pass me the Fuggles.

this is true our little hop friend closest cousin is that shady character the evil weed. it sounds like a sensible move to use cannabis instead of hops after reading that scare story.

Stone Cold said:
this is true our little hop friend closest cousin is that shady character the evil weed. it sounds like a sensible move to use cannabis instead of hops after reading that scare story.

Nah your getting paranoid ;)

ale has existed without hops for far longer than it has with hops so nothing strange about the brews
acording to that page henry8th refused to have hoped beer ( and he was known for having a healthy appitite among other things)
so to think unhoped beers as strange is very nieve to say the least.
it similar to having musili with milk ( its not how its done in switzerland who invented it) but some will tell you its strange not to have it with milk and if you do it the original way with grated apples and orange juice :thumb: that you are mad to think so

its a taste thing you like hops but wont try herbs cos you think its wrong
try it lots of people are praising heather ale
whats a 1 gallon brew gonna cost you ? a bit of time and maybee 1kg of grain
if you dont try how you ever gonna know for sure
I am not knocking hops in any way I just want to try beer without falling asleep all the time

Latest posts

Back