backsweetening question about WOW and what it did

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fran

Reaction score
i made 25 litres of WOW and racked to 15 litre supermarket bottle and 2 demijohns

i racked to a bucket degassed with power drill as normal then stabalised and fined

then i transfered to 15 litre and 2 demijohns

theproblem i had was one of the demijohns was 1.3 ish litres short so i pored some of the wine from one demijohn to the other and backsweetened both with red and white grape juice from lidl (they didnt have WGJ only a mix of RWGJ)

what im wondering is a load of fruit pulp has formed and it dosent want to sink with the sediment it floats on the top

another question is that it is clearing now in the 15 litre (and the others) i folllowed mr moles instructions but his wine was in a demijohn so im wondering if i can read a newspaper through the 15 litre water bottle when it is clear

I would have though you would be able to syphon the brew from below the pulp and avoid it when you put your brew into bottles if it hasnt sank ?

I would also think that you should be able to read your newspaper through the plastic container provided the actual plastic is also clear enough ? Perhaps wait until the DJs pass the newspaper test and see how the plastic container is doing, if it failes once you have put the DJs wine into bottles put some of the brew from the plastic container into one of the DJs and retest it with the newspaper and see if there is any change.

Hope this helps.

Marrsy

What is WOW? Ive been looking all over and there is no explanation for what it is.

Wurzel's Orange Wine

Also now seems to include other grape+ any-other-juice combinations made to the same method, in much the same way as cider now may or may not contain apples :evil:

Back