Beaverdale wine kits help/advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nidger

Regular.
Reaction score
I have three beaverdale 6 bottle kits.
Shiraz, cabernet, Shiraz and pinot noir.
My first question is, there is no mention of adding sugar.
Is this already added to the juice ?

It states a preference to brewing in plastic to glass as you need to shake the juice up and pressure could crack the glass 🙄,
I usually do this with an airlock bung rather than a solid one and thumb over the hole to vent so don't see a problem there.

I intend to get all three on the go at once and compare.
I'll look at doing the 30 bottle kit of the one i prefer but any advice gratefully received.

You don't add sugar like you do with the cheap kits. And and airlock and in glass will by fine.

I'm drinking a MYO strawberry and lime cider now and I've posted somewhere that it was a bit iffy.

Well it's going down a treat tonight 👍
Amazing what a bit of time can do .

A mistake i made with these three kits.
(Well I broke my first rule of not brewing whilst under the influence of alcohol 🙄😁)
Having read the instructions i overfilled the demijohns.
A stupid mistake as I've learned to just fill to shoulders and top up after a few days when the mad fermentation calms down.
And these do go mad 😳

Anyway I sorted the mess out from up the walls etc, Mrs is happier now lol 😁

The instructions mention a 5ltr pet fv rather than glass demijohns incase the glass cracks from pressure when shaking the liquid up.
I just vent it whilst shaking, so again a mistake that I took the instructions literally rather than use my own judgement,

Anyway, hopefully that info helps someone doing a search in future.
Once bottled I'm going to pick my favourite and do the 30 bottle kits of that one in future.

Latest posts

Back