Beer bottle storage

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LavaChild

Reaction score
Hello, Can you advise what the best beer bottle storage available is? I imagine it will soon get annoying carrying and storing 48 bottles (only one batch) individually. This will become even more so once I begin brewing more than one batch at a time (which I'd like to do to build up a large enough supply to enable me to leave time for the drinks to mature slightly).

Milk crates seem a good idea but from what I can tell it's hard to find them at a good all round size. Although I don't have swingtops for the moment I may do in the future and would like to be able to store them in whatever storage I buy.

What do you use - any recommendations?

Cheers. :cheers:

I use large plastic boxes without any holes in the bottom. I cover them with a black bin bag as when I started I war paranoid about bottle bombs. None of them have exploded yet but the boxes are still handy to use as water baths or for sanitization when the aren't full of beer.

I use 6 crates, a cupboard and 2 fridges In the shed then a big 5 shelve rack in my grandads garage for maturi g.

I'm luccky because I get all my used bottles delivered in nice sturdy brown carboard boxes of 12 each. Therefore they are easy to stack, tape closed to keep the cleaned bottles ready for a simple sterilisation before use, and ideal for taking them when full to the boat or parties etc.
Graham

My full bottles go into a floor standing 5' high metal cabinet in the garage. My empties are in plastic tubs under a tarp behind my shed. I just make sure I thoroughly steralise them before use when I bring them in.

Maysie said:
Have seen this asked recently, thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=49446

I use 'Really Useful Boxes' 35 litre versions, they are brilliant. I am not sure if the deal in the thread is still active though:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=49148

I picked up a load of these on offer at my local B&Q at the weekend so I think quite a few places still have a similar offer. They're much better than some of the cheapo ones I've bought before.

4 of the 35l Really Useful boxes landed today. Just the ticket. Thanks to all those who suggested them over the various threads on this topic.

I have built some wooden beer crates out of 144mm x 28mm wood from B&Q!
They are a little rough and ready as my wood-working experiance started when building my brewing rig (!) but each holds 24 bottles and stack securely on top of each other.
I think the cost per crate is something like £8 all in, and they have the home-made touch.

I'll post a pic later today (if I remember!)
DA

To answer my previous question B&Q have the blue ones on offer (more than likely clearance) for £7. just reserved 4 :D

Latest posts

Back