Beer Hunters Beware

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

An Ankoù

Landlord.
Reaction score
I think I put this in the wrong forum (announcements). Mods, please delete duplication.

As much as we like to brew our own, many of us are always on the lookout for something new and exciting- "research beer", I call it.
Hopefully this hasn't made it across to Europe yet, but the more of us who are aware, the better.

'I feel like I’m dying': Meth beer victim’s family recall last moments

Aiden Sagala, 21, tragically died after he 'innocently sat down for a beer after work'.

www.nzherald.co.nz
www.nzherald.co.nz

This was on the Australia/NZ sister site.
The last sentence of the article suggest the cans were imported and didn't originate in New Zealand.
Commiserations to the lad's family and friends.

www.nzherald.co.nz

Last edited by a moderator:
police said he “innocently sat down for a beer after work” that was laced with methamphetamine.

Awful story and as you say lets hope it doesn't make it to other countries.

I was a bit confused when i read the article as it didn't say how the methamphetamine got into the cans, it looks like they made their own beer and canned it, the first can below is the official honey bear beer.

1680951535812.png
1680951553959.png

Awful story and as you say lets jhop it doesnt get

Last edited:
I was a bit confused when i read the article as it didn't say how the methamphetamine got into the cans, it looks like they made their own beer and canned it, the first can below is the official honey bear beer.
Yeah, it's a bit confusing. Given the article says they're was a load of meth-laced beer and kombucha, and they uncovered over 300kg of meth, I wonder whether the smugglers were putting the meth in beer, importing the beer, then extracting it from the beer to distribute?

Latest posts

Back