Beer Lab, Android App for brewing Calculations

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxbeer

Reaction score
Hello,

I am an Italian homebrewer and together with a friend we just developed an Android App featuring a few useful HB calculations (color, IBU's, hydrometer and refractometer). We are not professional developers and just wanted to try our hand at this work, hopefully with acceptable results ;-)
The app is free and is available in the Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.am.beerlab
Some of the formulas I developed myself(for example the one that allows to calculate the OG and ABV of an "unknown" beer, by comparing the FG measurements taken with refractometer and hydrometer... useful also if you forgot to check the OG before fermentation ;-))

I am mainly looking for feedback, and also suggestions about new calculations to implement.
Thanks! Ciao
max

I just installed this - it looks pretty good to me. Not sure I will use any of it for a while other than the hydrometer section though - sadly the rest of it means nothing to me! I am sure as I get into this more I will understand what the other bits mean! Thanks for sharing.

I just installed this - it looks pretty good to me. Not sure I will use any of it for a while other than the hydrometer section though - sadly the rest of it means nothing to me! I am sure as I get into this more I will understand what the other bits mean! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your feedback.
Note that on each page, if you press the "i" button on the upper rigt corner, an help screen will show up, with all the explanation about the function used on that page.
It could be a also chance maybe to learn/understand something on the subjects you are not already expert about! ;-)
If anyone need any explanation about the calculations (also as a general discussion, not just for the App) I will be glad to discuss! :-)

ciao
max

Latest posts

Back