Bench Capper - magnet missing!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Having a bottling session soon and checked out my bench capper (Agata) - noticed that the small magnet in the bell had disappeared. Annoying! Some years ago it came loose and superglued it back, but now it's gone and no sign of it anywhere.
My first thought: where do I get a spare magnet, at a reasonable price? Any suggestions?
I did watch some youtube clips about this capper and on one the guy said you can either put the cap in the bell or straight on the bottle. I tried it and that works. Anyone using their bench capper without the magnet - any issues?

Dunno, but with mine I tend to rest the caps on the bottle tops after I've filled them and then when I've finished bottling crimp them all on with the capper. Therefore I don't need the caps to stick to the bell.

Having a bottling session soon and checked out my bench capper (Agata) - noticed that the small magnet in the bell had disappeared. Annoying! Some years ago it came loose and superglued it back, but now it's gone and no sign of it anywhere.
My first thought: where do I get a spare magnet, at a reasonable price? Any suggestions?
I did watch some youtube clips about this capper and on one the guy said you can either put the cap in the bell or straight on the bottle. I tried it and that works. Anyone using their bench capper without the magnet - any issues?
I'm only doing small numbers of bottles now, anything left over after filling a corny keg, but my magnet has been missing for the past 3 or so years, and I just rest the cap on the top of the bottle, make sure it's all aligned and cap as usual.

The capper works fine. It may take a little longer than when I had the magnet but the difference is pretty marginal. I have got plenty of round neodymium magnets lying around , which I could use, but to be honest I haven't felt it was worth the bother.

Just completed my bottling session, a Geordie Winter Warmer kit which I had knocking about for a couple of years. Brewed to 18 litres, using 1 kg granulated sugar, sample from the fermenter was very nicely malty/hoppy, ideal tipple for winter! Total 36 bottles, two-thirds of them crown capped. I did this on the bench capper without a magnet and must say it was probably more efficient than with a magnet, and no mis-caps. Did find a magnet in the tool box but it was too strong to keep in position with glue. So I think won't bother with magnets...
For info pic of some of the bottles (I don't bother with the labels, they come off eventually):
IMG_0603.JPG

Latest posts

Back