bergland wont deliver to the uk ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerlover1983

Reaction score
Hi i just emailed [email protected] after reading many others doing the same to get a price of a pot sent to me .But got a reply that said this .

thank you for your message.

Unfortunately the delivery to private customers in the UK is not possible. We only ship within Germany or to Austria. But we have two resellers in the UK:

www.powellbrewing.co.uk
www.angelhomebrew.co.uk

Would you be so kind to contact them for an offer?

beerlover1983 said:
Oh dear sorry i should of done a search well that sucks big time.

I only searched for that as I remembered the post... think you'd have done well to hit that search first off

Well..... my 2 x 50 litre pots from Bergland cost me £83.00 delivered to my door, if I had to buy them from Angelhomebrew the same thing would have cost me £120.90.........thats some difference for the same product and service. !!!!!!!!

total rip off the prices now the uk shops have the say so
old prices

10223 - Stock pot 33 Litre - £21.68
10220 - Stock pot 50 Litre - £31.60
10224 - Stock pot 70 Litre - £34.95
10221 - Stock pot 100 Litre -£41.61

new UK friendly prices which are now near on double the real price
£55 for the 33 litre
£65 for the 50 litre
£70 for the 70 litre
£75 for the 100 litre
then there is p+p on top

They are obviously not getting any discount from bergerland and thus have to make a profit. In my business I would want to double what something costs that is standard in retailing.

What we need is a Uk supplier prepared to import from the far east and sell them at prices bergerland did.

graysalchemy said:
They are obviously not getting any discount from bergerland and thus have to make a profit. In my business I would want to double what something costs that is standard in retailing.

What we need is a Uk supplier prepared to import from the far east and sell them at prices bergerland did.

I just emailed them
what are you doing
why have you stopped selling to us in the UK?
this is outrageous the prices of your stockpots were fair off you
now you have stopped selling to us in the UK
the shops you do sell to are ripping us all off with their prices

old prices

10223 - Stock pot 33 Litre - £21.68
10220 - Stock pot 50 Litre - £31.60
10224 - Stock pot 70 Litre - £34.95
10221 - Stock pot 100 Litre -£41.61

new UK friendly prices which are now near on double the real price
£55 for the 33 litre
£65 for the 50 litre
£70 for the 70 litre
£75 for the 100 litre
then there is p+p on top
thank you Bergland
why are you doing this
have these shops bullied you into doing this
very annoyed
and i am not the only one
what do you have to say for your selves?
Nobby
ex customer

I would of worded it slightly differently but what you are saying is basically correct, these people want Bergland to give them exclusive rights so they can make a tidy profit. Shame, but very true.

If they are 'drop shipping' these items then its scandalous. When I worked in online retail 20% of the purchace price was a massive profit. For a straight import, stock, re-sale.

If they get a drop in sales which is bigger than the costs they lost in delivery (which was cheap, I always made a profit on delivery) then they may remove this contract when ot comes round for renewal. Money talks in the role as a supplier, as does low hassle.

graysalchemy said:
Mr Lard aka Home Brew Builder, not quite at Bergland prices but better than Powell or Angel HB . . . plus it's not Berglands supplier, quality is superior. :thumb:

I was planning on getting pots from bergland when I'm ready for a bigger setup.

Looking at the difference in prices I might need to start making friends in Germany or Austria lol

Aleman said:
Mr Lard aka Home Brew Builder, not quite at Bergland prices but better than Powell or Angel HB . . . plus it's not Berglands supplier, quality is superior. :thumb:

Must not look at conical fermenters... but they are sooooo pretty :whistle:

Perhaps a potential Bergland customer should e mail them telling them that Bergland's reputation is now very low on all the UK Brewing forums. And that they will now buy elsewhere.
Further pointing out that the general consensus is to avoid Berglands and their suppliers in favour of the other major supplier!! Always assuming that Mr Lard's pots really are from a different source!! :twisted:

Rhys said:
Perhaps a potential Bergland customer should e mail them telling them that Bergland's reputation is now very low on all the UK Brewing forums. And that they will now buy elsewhere.
Further pointing out that the general consensus is to avoid Berglands and their suppliers in favour of the other major supplier!! Always assuming that Mr Lard's pots really are from a different source!! :twisted:
their answer to my email
Hello,

Thanks for your message. I'm sorry but we have to follow the instrucctions of our management and it's not our mistake that the conditions have changed.

Maybe you will find another company abroad which is selling cheaper and abrad
Cordialement

Mme Kristin Heydt :sick:

Reply to her email asking her politely to forward your comments to "-the management " together with a link to this thread???

To clear this up.

The std pots I use come from bergland.

The high end and bigger stuff come from different suppliers. :thumb: I also have a new supply of pots that fit somewhere between std and high end :D

Bergland stopped shipping to the uk due to the volume of damages when shipping to private individuals.

Being a brewer myself I have tried to keep the price of bergland pots as low as I can.... I honestly think if it wasn't for that prices would of sky rocketed even more than they already have. :hmm:

I am sure market forces will clear this up eventually. People won't continue to pay through the nose for something that's just not worth it.

short term gain doesn't equal long term success

especially when better quality alternatives will soon be available.

My concern is there are a lot of people who can no longer get bergland pots at bergland prices. And as such the perceived value for money (price vs quality) is no longer there.

I am really speaking for the people who would normally buy direct who's hands are now forced to pay more in the uk

I much prefer to sell these pots converted as this allows you to add the associated value back in. I find myself selling plain pots simply to keep prices down. Ebay only a few weeks ago seen these pots attracting premium prices

This will in turn cause people to look elsewhere for value.

While these pots have and still play a massive part in the uk homebrewing there is a distinct lack of alternatives and choice

Until now :whistle: :party:

Bergland pots that I bought early last December were appallingly badly packed, but arrived OK. Im glad I got them then. I would have kept on using my mango barrels had I not been able to buy the Bergland pots.
I also ended up buying all the other various bits, costing at least as much as the pots themselves, from Angel, MrLard, and Malt Miller!!!!!
I would not have done without the direct imports.

Latest posts

Back