Best Semi-Budget Wine Kits UK

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karakitten

Reaction score
Have done lots of kits in past ! Go to is Magnum Red ( I hear the groans already !! )
Looking for a better Intermediate kit ..
Choices are
Wineworks Superior Riocca /Merlot:
Cellar 7 Spanish Rojo / Malbec
Punch Chateau Rouge / Merlot / Nebbiollo
Want a deep colour wine with flavour ..
Any thoughts on this one
Thanks !

Ive only done the Beaver dale and the WinExpert which are a bit over budget.

Ive heard good things about the "on the House" kits although Ive not tried one myself. Bit over your budget at £41.00 but all kits seem to have gone up recently.

keep us updated what you get and how it goes,.

buddsy

At that price point I've done the Cellar 7, Superior seven (Spitting Feathers homebrew), Australian blend and Punch kits. Of those brands I prefer the Punch kits. Their flavour seems more rounded and has more depth than the others. Don't get me wrong, I'd happily make the others again but Punch are my go to at the moment. I got some VinClasse kits when they were on offer but not made one up yet (next one up though). Can't comment on the Wineworks though as I've not done one.

Cheers Tom

Forgot to add that I've done a few Beaverdale, Kenridge Classic and California Connoisseur kits, they were slightly better but obviously cost more. I now stick to the £35 ish ones as for me they tick more "boxes"

Cheers Tom

Latest posts

Back