Borosilicate Glass Erlenmeyer flasks - good prices and indicated quality

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimosabby

Regular.
Reaction score
Ladies and gents,

ordered a borosilicate glass Erlenmeyer flask 3000ml £26.36 from these people as going into the voodoo world of liquid yeast

https://www.kingscientific.co.uk/laboratory/Laboratory-Glassware/Laboratory-Flasks
Wide range and great prices; what I like is its coming from a lab/science company so I believe the quality is as indicated and they sell proper lab stuff. Stir plates are too high price though

Kimosabby

unless you want unknow origin potential imitation; i would rather pay more and have the confidence to know going from hot to cold will not result in my starter ending up on the floor particularly on brew day.

I looked at cream supplies and the disclaimer about heat baove 150C put me off; also they didn't have 3000ml flasks which was the deal breaker; 2000ml will be too small. When I spoke to Kings Scentific they advised that the direct heat followed by hot to cold was not an issue for these flasks

Last edited:
Fair enough

Ive not not had any issues. From stove to ice bath. All stamped borosilicate.

I’ve followed other links on the forum @foxbat to the site.

Happy brewing 🍻

you can't argue with that shame cream supplies don't do a 3000ml

whats the best price you seen for 3000ml

If Cream Supplies are out of stock then Cole Parmer are competitive as long as you don't need it immediately as they are currently showing a 14 day lead time on all the big flasks.
Yes I rang them and it is a couple of weeks. Was hoping to get it on this weekend. Again another lab company where quality feels assured

Latest posts

Back