Bottle Filler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewStew

Regular.
Reaction score
oh dear, this brewery upgrade is costing me!

i've just bought one of these because i dont fancy bottling over 100 bottles manually at once :shock: :

t_threehead.jpg

like that but the four head version.

i'll make myself a four head sanitiser sprinkler so 4 can be sanitising while 4 are filling :thumb:

clearly not! :shock:

to be honest i had budgeted for a 100L brupaks brewery which would have cost ALOT. but as i've saved a pretty penny from getting the boiler and MT much cheaper, i've got a little spare cash for a few extras ;)

Looks v. nice! :D

Any chance of some higher resolution pictures when you get yours? And how about a video of it in action? :cool:

Nice buy BS :thumb:
I hope you mentioned the forum...that company is run by the brew shop stockport, aka Peter and Mark ;)
They have one of those in their front window...I quite like the look of it too.

dammit :cry: . would i have gotten a discount?

i tried ringing them but they never seem to wanna pick up

They're really busy at most times. Not sure about the discount, but it would have been another notch for the forum ;)

I e-mailed them last week for a reciprocal link to the forum...it's not happened yet!

well i'll be wanting a press next year to take care of the 5 apple trees in my garden, so if they've still not sorted it by then, i'll put in a good word :thumb:

the bottle filler works like a toilet cistern... ie its got a float valve in it.you hook a pipe from your fermenter, or keg thats at a higher level than the bottle filler to the filler tank, and open the fermenter tap. gravity fills the filler tank until its full enough that the float valve closes. this float valve is adjustable, so that you have enough beer in your tank to exactly fill 4 bottles to the required amount. i'm guessing you've got to experiment with water until you get the desired fill level. then you "flush the chain" so to speak, and your bottles begin to fill. when the tank is empty, it then draws more beer into the tank to repeat again.

at least that's what i've gathered from what i've read about them

and also from what i've read, it should take less than a minute to fill the tank, and less than a minute to fill the four bottles. so that's 4 bottles every 2 mins, so doing a full 40 pint fermenters worth should take in theory, less than 20 mins. not bad!

I like the symmetry about the whole thing. Bottling, conditioning, drinking and then peeing - all of it bookended by a couple of flushes. Its bloody beautiful. :clap:

I like the look of this but how does it deal with carbonation in the ale? Will it manage with uber cold ale syphoning ito the header and then flushing into the bottle and still hold its gas?
I will be keen to know how well it does that

i wont be carbonating the ale as i'll be using priming sugars to let it self carbonate.

i too would be interested to know though if i bottle from a cornie that's already carbonated, if the filler knocks the gas out of it from all the turbulent flow. oh and whether foaming might be an issue.

i'll test it for all you fans of force carbonation to see if it still works, but i've got a feeling it'll be dissapointing. i think this is designed more for real ale (bottle conditioned) production.

Any oxidation issues to worry about? Is the resevoir a sealed unit or open?

Back