Bottling Coopers Australian Pale Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kugawestie

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have got a brew of this ready to bottle.

I brewed it with 1kg of Coopers Brew Enhancer 2 as recommended, and then also added 250g of Wilko brewing sugar.
OG was 1043, FG is 1007, so it should be just over 5%.

I am going to be bottling in Coopers PET bottles, but cant decide how much sugar to add to the bottles for carbonation.

Has anyone done one of these kits? If so, how much sugar did you add?

Failing that, how much sugar do you all think I should add?

Thanks

I have not done this kit, but as a rule I use 1/2 teaspoon in ales and bitters and a full one in lagers.

Alan :cheers:

Be interested in any replies to this. I am currently brewing a Coopers IPA and will be using the carbonation drops that came with my starter kit. I was told to use one drop per 500ml bottle for this brew. I also bought a can of the APA and that will be my next brew and will be using sugar for that batch of bottling. Anyone have any idea how many teaspoons of sugar a carbonation drop is equal to ?

I made this kit as my second ever brew. I added 1 1/2 carbonation drops per 500ml PET bottles.Turned out quite fizzy more like a lager but still one of the nicest brews i have made. When i do it next i think i will only use 1 drop for a bit less fizz.

I made this, although did hop it with some citra, when bottled I transferred it onto 90 grams of sugar in another tub, then bottled, came out perfectly.

Latest posts

Back