Brewing Related Software Projects

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phillc

Regular.
Reaction score
A topic not so much about books and publications, but I didn't know which other sub-forum to put this in.

As well as a homebrewer, I'm a bit of an IT nerd who can also program software a little bit. I like to mess about on computers basically.

I wanted to start the thread to mention a couple of projects I've found, which could be of interest to other computery types as well.

PunkAPI - this is an API with information from a lot of Brewdog's DIY Dog recipes. Basically, instead of only having a PDF of the recipes, this API allows one to programmatically query the data and build applications using it. There are over 300+ recipes included but the data needs updating to include the 100+ DIY Dog recipes added in 2019.

BrewDB - this aims to be a comprehensive SQL database with a load of information about hops, yeast and malts. So far the main focus seems to be hops, with 115+ listed.

Anyway, I'm sure there are a lot more interesting open source brew related projects out there (Brewtarget being the big one) and I'd be interested for people to share what they're involved in.

Back